Help

bubbieX4

will be on a med cruise in july. i suffer from seasonal allergies and right now my eyes are a mess. was wondering what you gals use (concealer etc.) for dark circles under the eye? also am thinking of cutting back on going to the salon to have my hair dyed...getting very expensive with the highlights etc. can any of you suggest a good at home hair color product.? one more question, i am 63 and am looking for a new skin care line...suggestions very welcomed.

thanks for helping!!!!:)

carol

I use Trish McEvoy eye brightening pencil....it's pink, and it reflects light so that the darkness isn't noticable! I love it! Instead of slathering on concealers (that tend to show any "creases"), it simply "fools the eye" when folks look at you! I order it from Nordstrom online. Costs about $12, I think!

Can't help with the hair dye...if you've been getting good results at a salon, I'm not sure I'd switch!!!

I can only comment on hair colour and skin care.

I used to colour my hair myself and would never do it again. I'll collect cans beside the side of the road to earn money before I do that! Last time I tried an at-home "highlighter" kit I had to spend 3 hours in the chair having it corrected ... and I'm not the kind of person who doesn't read directions or use a timer.

As to skin care products, it really depends on your skin type and the amount of money you want to spend. I normally use Arbonne, which is relatively expensive, but also have found some Avon products that are pretty darned good. I'd suggest you visit some of the different makeup counters in department stores to see what works best for you.

Good luck!

For skincare - I've used Clinique for years. It's a little pricey but it's hypo-allergetic, which is important to me. Most of their products don't have any scents (or at least any obnoxious scents) which would be good if you suffer from allergies.

:)

I love, love, LOVE Bare Minerals foundation!! I have used it for about 5 years now and would never even consider going back to liquid foundation. If you want to start using it, the best way is to go to Ulta (or another store that carries it) and have them help you choose the correct color and demonstrate application. They also have a powdered mineral concealer product that comes in several shades. I tend to have dark circles under my eyes and the one called "Well Rested" works great for me.

I have also tried the pink pencil mentioned above. It is very nice, but it alone does not do the trick for my circles.

Doing your hair at home is dangerous territory. I have known several people who wound up with terrible problems ie- distinct green tinge to her hair, for one.

When you said "skin care" did you mean make up or moisturizer type products? I use some skin care lotions suggested by my dermatologist called Nia 24. I get very good results with them. People ask me what I use all the time. (I am 49) They are available online, no Rx needed, they are fairly expensive tho.

I recently rediscovered the Olay product line. There are a wide range of products, but I keep it simple with the Regenerist cleanser and serum and the regular moisturizer. They work great and I have NEVER had a sensitivity reaction (as I did with Clinique and even Mary Kay that are more expensive)

Target carries it's own brand of most Olay products and they are just as good as the brand ones, which makes the products even more reasonable.

I don't trust myself trying to do color at home - I have mine done professionally. Prices vary by geographic area - rural areas are far cheaper than cities. I live in a suburban area and I drive AWAY from the city 15 miles instead of 15 miles INTO the city and save a ton.

will be on a med cruise in july. i suffer from seasonal allergies and right now my eyes are a mess. was wondering what you gals use (concealer etc.) for dark circles under the eye? also am thinking of cutting back on going to the salon to have my hair dyed...getting very expensive with the highlights etc. can any of you suggest a good at home hair color product.? one more question, i am 63 and am looking for a new skin care line...suggestions very welcomed.

thanks for helping!!!!:)

carol

I use Estee Lauder Smooth Creme Concealer in Light. It's about $18 for a small tube, but you need very little. I use it over foundation, not under. Then loose powder. If necessary, over the loose powder, you can put a touch more on, then pressed powder. Should hold you for quite awhile.

Archived