French doors on a ocenaview

I know they have these on the Spirit class ships (Legend, Pride, Spirit, and Miracle). I think Carnival is listing them as a 4F category now, which is technically an interior cabin. Although you do have a french door which will open, there is no balcony and the view is obstructed by a life boat. Some are more obstructed than others. If you look at the deck plans, there are some that are kind of "between" the life boats. Although, the door will still be partially obstructed, you will get a little more of a view with these.

Thanks everyone! My father in law is coming with us on the trip and he cant afford anything but a interior. SO i want to pay the diffrence and put him up in the 4f so he can at least open the doors and smell alaska! He loves the cold weather!

I read something some time ago that some of the french doors don't open anymore. I don't know why they would do this, but I did see it somewhere on here. I would see if you can find out which cabins still have the doors that open.

Candi

If you are upgrading so that your F-I-L can open the door, then call Carnival and confirm that they do open. I also heard that they not longer open (its dangerous, or kids were climbing on the lifeboats, something like that)

I stayed in one on the Legend. For Alaska, I would definitely try to get one of the cabins "between" the lifeboats, so your FIL would have some view, even if it's only a little.

The cabin we had was set up just like any other cabin and was just as comfortable. We were able to open the french door in ours, but this was a couple of years ago before people started reporting that they don't all open. We opened ours a couple of times for a little fresh air, but we mainly liked it because we could get a little natural light. When we booked ours, I was able to get it for the same price as a 4A, so I felt it was pretty much a no-brainer to go for the one with the window! You do see the crew outside sometimes doing maintenance on the life boats.

Here are a couple of pictures of the one we had.

P1010305.jpg

P1010309.jpg

My TA books theses rooms all the time.Says you can't beat it for its price.She also said there are 2 rooms with great veiws almost no obstructions at all! The Best Cabins are 4122 & 4123!

What class ships have the french doors on some of the oceanview rooms? Or is it considered a balcony even though there is no balcony? Pictures are great if you have them and any other information about this as well. Thanks in advance;)

4146 & 4148 were great on the Pride. 4148 is between the boats and you get a decent view. In 4146 you can still see the water under the boats. We were able to ope both doors.

Looking at the deck plan, 4122 4123 would be identical to 4140 4141? actually seems 4140 4141 would be even better as the 4122 4123 are between two large lifeboats, where the 40s are between two smaller lifeboats... other than that they are both two lifeboats away from wall ( side ) that protrudes out thus not more obstructed due to being immediately next to that wall etc

just curious as to why you would say 4122 4123 .. i could be missing something as if so could you please advise.. we have 4122 and 4140 booked on our upcoming b2b on the miracle.. would like your input.. thanks

This info is from my TA, She said that 4122 & 4123 are centered in the middle of two life boats.meaning the cabins next to these rooms only have the below veiw.Making these cabins the best in her opinion .We are not booked in one of these rooms because they don't have connecting staterooms so we are booked in an 7A.Which she said is also a good deal!I hope this info helps.

Archived