Best Price for a Cruise Tour

Bernbun29

Forgive me if this information is already available, but I am intereste in booking a cruise tour to Alaska -- where can I find the best price? I have cruised on Princess twice and know I paid too much by booking through them! Are the cruisetours availalable on most of the discounted sites? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!! :confused:

I think the prices of cruisetours are pretty fixed, even if the cruise prices fluctuate. We booked through a very reputable TA who exclusively does cruises, does a brisk Princess business and know people who've gotten fantastic cruise deals through this TA but it seems that those that we know that have taken cruisetours have pretty well paid the same price as what Princess's website shows.

I could be way off base though. Of course, our cruisetour has been waitlisted for a couple of months and it doesn't leave for another 2 mos.

I think the prices of cruisetours are pretty fixed, even if the cruise prices fluctuate. We booked through a very reputable TA who exclusively does cruises, does a brisk Princess business and know people who've gotten fantastic cruise deals through this TA but it seems that those that we know that have taken cruisetours have pretty well paid the same price as what Princess's website shows.

I could be way off base though. Of course, our cruisetour has been waitlisted for a couple of months and it doesn't leave for another 2 mos.

My cruisetour is not until Sept. 6th and has been waitlisted forever. However, prices did come down; drastically. I am still booked with Princess and got a $980/per person reduction two weeks ago. And all I did was move from a mini down to a balcony. $2000 is a pretty good reduction. Agree? A TA will eventually get my bookings, but not yet.

Wow Pia! I think that's a hefty savings if one would be okay with a balcony instead of a mini-suite. I know I would be LOL! I don't know when the price of our cruisetour dropped (because we weren't planning on taking it, it is a gift from DH's employers; they took the same cruisetour last summer) but originally the price was $2739 for the cheapest inside cabin category (M). When we booked in January our price was $990 less per person. I almost paid the extra $49 per person for an obstructed view but didn't want to seem ungrateful--we got upgraded to the highest inside category so it's all good! Congrats on your savings!

Bernbun29--seriously, if your schedule is slightly flexible and you like what's available on the 2-for-1, I'd snatch one up. I know that's what we'd be doing if we weren't already booked.

Wow Pia! I think that's a hefty savings if one would be okay with a balcony instead of a mini-suite. I know I would be LOL! I don't know when the price of our cruisetour dropped (because we weren't planning on taking it, it is a gift from DH's employers; they took the same cruisetour last summer) but originally the price was $2739 for the cheapest inside cabin category (M). When we booked in January our price was $990 less per person. I almost paid the extra $49 per person for an obstructed view but didn't want to seem ungrateful--we got upgraded to the highest inside category so it's all good! Congrats on your savings!

Bernbun29--seriously, if your schedule is slightly flexible and you like what's available on the 2-for-1, I'd snatch one up. I know that's what we'd be doing if we weren't already booked.

How do you get the 2 for 1????

My cruisetour is not until Sept. 6th and has been waitlisted forever. However, prices did come down; drastically. I am still booked with Princess and got a $980/per person reduction two weeks ago. And all I did was move from a mini down to a balcony. $2000 is a pretty good reduction. Agree? A TA will eventually get my bookings, but not yet.

That was a great move! :)

We are doing a cruise tour with our Aug 3 cruise on the Island and the pricing has just about doubled. One of our friends wanted to book late and go with us so they just visited the site for princess lodges at http://www.princesslodges.com With that they were able to get the same destinations as we are getting for half the price they would pay for the cruise. You may just want to do the cruise and set up your own tour like they did. The only difference, for them will be the tours. Ours are included and they will have to book them seperately. Good luck!

The fact is that we would only have been in that mini for 7 days, since we had the balcony for the next 18 day cruise. So now we won't have to move and still saved a bundle. This kind of coup doesn't happen too often, but when you keep an eagle eye on your bookings you sometimes get a great deal.

Archived