Inside cabin on the Sky

Napi's Mom

Was wondering if anybody has sailed in the inside cabins on the SKY, aft 8158. Since they will sleep 4 I do believe they are the larger sized cabins, Would you please tell me about them...trying to put 3 people in, wonder if it includes overhead (pullman) beds or sofa.:confused:

We just sailed on the Sky in April, 4 in one cabin, 3 in the other. The cabins were 7109 and 7309. Both had a pullman and a pullout sofa in addition to the two twins. The rooms were cozy, I think they are in the 145 sq ft range, but it's manageable.

The inside cabins are basically all the same size -- 147 sq ft. It does not matter if they are specified for 3 or for 4 people. It should have a pullmand (bunk bed) and the small sofa pulls out. There is a ladder stored in the closet to get in to the bunk.

The inside cabins are basically all the same size -- 147 sq ft. It does not matter if they are specified for 3 or for 4 people. It should have a pullmand (bunk bed) and the small sofa pulls out. There is a ladder stored in the closet to get in to the bunk.

IF you look at the Deck plans these 2 cabins are MUCH larger than others around them, and so I'm looking for someone who can tell me how they're set up. HAve 3 from our family going to be in one. Across the hall from our aft cabin.

We had a JJ inside cabin deck 5 when we sailed on the Sky. It had the 2 lower twin beds that made into one bed and 2 upper beds that hung off the wall and also had a sofa but not sure it was a pull out. We had them move the lower bed apart which gave us like 3 feet of room between the beds and even with the uppers down they were never in the way, it was around the 145 + sq ft and was very roomy. Most of the inside cabins are close to the same layout unless it's a HC cabin.

Looking at the deck plan 8158 & 8359 could be handi cap cabins, you can call NCL and ask.

Deck 8 is the Viking deck.

Ships : Norwegian Sky : Deck Plans

Try this you can see the floor plans as well. You need to find out what category 8158 is but the layout are mostly the same.

Norwegian Sky

Public Rooms Staterooms Deck Plans

Looking at the deck plan 8158 & 8359 could be handi cap cabins, you can call NCL and ask.

Deck 8 is the Viking deck.

Ships : Norwegian Sky : Deck Plans

Try this you can see the floor plans as well. You need to find out what category 8158 is but the layout are mostly the same.

Norwegian Sky

Public Rooms Staterooms Deck Plans

Floor plans are generic...notice ALL floorplans on their website for Inside, or OV or Bal. show the same, even tho some are quite different inside, same for descriptions. Lady reserving them felt they must be larger inside by quite a bit (but can't trust them at any cruiseline to actually know what's what) It doesn't have a HC icon on it. There were only 2 cabins that size on the whole ship.

The rooms could be a little larger but it seems it's the location you want and you can't get much closer to your aft cabin. The cabin will be roomy enough for 3 people.

The floor plans are generic they won't show floor plans for these rooms.

Have you booked yet, wouldn't want you to loose the room location. When is your sailing date and if you take that room let us know what it was like when you get back.

Enjoy your cruise

The rooms could be a little larger but it seems it's the location you want and you can't get much closer to your aft cabin. The cabin will be roomy enough for 3 people.

The floor plans are generic they won't show floor plans for these rooms.

Have you booked yet, wouldn't want you to loose the room location. When is your sailing date and if you take that room let us know what it was like when you get back.

Enjoy your cruise

Yes we did book. I was first looking at deck 9 aft balconies, and cabins across the hall, but then noticed these larger cabins...I called right away The gal in the reservation office first tried to put me into 9 aft (I suppose these are considered better at a higher deck), but I mentioned to her this large inside cabin I wanted, across the hall on 8 (she is sure the door opens into the back Hall.) The disadvantage I can see is it's over the theater, but we'll see. We have 3 Grand-daughters ranging from 20-15 we've been trying to do this with, and on a retirement income it was difficult to afford. Now with prices so low for the 4 day Bahamas cruise, we decided it was doable. Will inform you of the cabin size etc. but that's 7 mo. off. Right now we're all but packing for Alaska on the newly refurbished Millennium, on 6/19:D (Another reason we can't afford the Grandkids...we like cruising ourselves too much.

• 8 months later...

So how was it?? Was the cabin larger than a regular inside? We are thinking about doing a 3 night on the sky and would like to know if its the same size or if its a little larger..we will have 4 in a cabin and need all the room we can get :)

So how was it?? Was the cabin larger than a regular inside? We are thinking about doing a 3 night on the sky and would like to know if its the same size or if its a little larger..we will have 4 in a cabin and need all the room we can get :)

I sailed Labor Day weekend on the SKY with three ladies -balcony... crowded!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sofa bed and twins, Very tight, but at least the balcony helped.

Was wondering if anybody has sailed in the inside cabins on the SKY' date=' aft [u']8158[/u]. Since they will sleep 4 I do believe they are the larger sized cabins, Would you please tell me about them...trying to put 3 people in, wonder if it includes overhead (pullman) beds or sofa.:confused:

That cabin does look wider. Sleeping 4 does not necessarily make a cabin larger. I was thinking it was going to be a handicap cabin when I first saw the size. It's too late for me to change for this sailing, but I too am curious to see if this cabin really is larger than the other interiors.

The Superior Inside staterooms at the other end of the deck are larger (longer) cabins. From what I understand, these include 1 pullman and a mini-sofa that folds out to a bed, but I won't know until March.

Since they will sleep 4 I do believe they are the larger sized cabins' date=' [/quote']

That may not be a safe assumption

A HC cabin (as many have said) is larger, but often a cabin that is nonHC & sleeps 4 just means they put in another bed

That may not be a safe assumption

A HC cabin (as many have said) is larger, but often a cabin that is nonHC & sleeps 4 just means they put in another bed

You seem to know a lot about NCL, on the deck plans, this cabin looks much larger than the others in its category. Do you know if that representation usually holds true?

You seem to know a lot about NCL, on the deck plans, this cabin looks much larger than the others in its category. Do you know if that representation usually holds true?

Actually Ann, I was commenting more to the hope that since the cabin holds 4 it may be bigger.

We've been in inside cabins on this ship twice. Once in a 4 person cabin once in a 2 person cabin. The 4 person cabin was smaller (I think they said 121 sf). It had the normal 2 lower beds, one upper and the sofa (more like a slightly oversized chair) which folded into a single bed. When it was in sleeping config, the sofa bed completely blocked access for everyone else to get to the door. Literally-we had to walk over one of our kids to get to the bathroom or out of the cabin.

Sadly, in searching for these cabins on Cruise critic (on the boards) this discussion has come up several times and no one has gotten a knowledgable answer...it's always been a guess. (anyone with a cruisedeckplan account??)

I'll send an email to someone who may know (or be able to look it up) & I'll post back if they give me a reply

Maybe time2cruise1 will see this thread also. He usually knows (or can get) quick answers

Actually Ann, I was commenting more to the hope that since the cabin holds 4 it may be bigger.

We've been in inside cabins on this ship twice. Once in a 4 person cabin once in a 2 person cabin. The 4 person cabin was smaller (I think they said 121 sf). It had the normal 2 lower beds, one upper and the sofa (more like a slightly oversized chair) which folded into a single bed. When it was in sleeping config, the sofa bed completely blocked access for everyone else to get to the door. Literally-we had to walk over one of our kids to get to the bathroom or out of the cabin.

Sadly, in searching for these cabins on Cruise critic (on the boards) this discussion has come up several times and no one has gotten a knowledgable answer...it's always been a guess. (anyone with a cruisedeckplan account??)

I'll send an email to someone who may know (or be able to look it up) & I'll post back if they give me a reply

Maybe time2cruise1 will see this thread also. He usually knows (or can get) quick answers

I have a cruisedeckplans subscription but there nothing about the size of cabin 8158 of the Sky on it. Just says it is a K cabin average size 121 sq ft. It does appear larger on the diagram, but nowhere is there anything about the actual square footage of that cabin.

We sailed on the Sky in May and stayed in inside cabin 8141. The cabin was small, there were only 2 of us. That being said, I have done inside cabins with 4 grown men before on Princess and it wasn't bad. Its likely that you wont be spending too much time in the stateroom anyways.

I know all the ships are different, even within the same cruise line, but other than Disney (much more pricey and significantly larger cabins), Princess had the most comfortable interiors for 4 people. The layout was so much better than the other ships we have been on. On the Sapphire Princess, we had 2 adults and 2 teens and did not feel crunched during the week.

The Sovereign of the Seas interior was so small, I felt a little claustrophobic and it was just DH and me.

The Explorer of the Seas was quite a bit better and was fine for 4, but was still not as good of a layout, even though it had a couch which the Sapphire Princess did not.

For the Sky, we went with a Superior Interior hoping the few extra square feet would make it better. Luckily, we have a cabin for 4, but only 3 of us, so DS will sleep in the Pullman and we won't have to climb over anyone, just bump our heads into him. :D

So, that being said, 4 is definitely doable, as long as you get along OK. ;)

I totally agree with you that the OP had a dangerous assumption on a 4 person cabin being larger. The cabins are pre-made and typically all the same size within a category unless there is some structural reason for a change.

I appreciate your looking into this particular cabin. It may be a nice option to keep in mind for the future. We are past final payment for this cruise so I won't be making any changes now.

I have a cruisedeckplans subscription but there nothing about the size of cabin 8158 of the Sky on it. Just says it is a K cabin average size 121 sq ft. It does appear larger on the diagram, but nowhere is there anything about the actual square footage of that cabin.

Would you mind checking the superior interiors on Deck 5 for square footage and possible floorplan? I'm hoping that they truly are larger than the standard interiors.

We just sailed on the Sky in April, 4 in one cabin, 3 in the other. The cabins were 7109 and 7309. Both had a pullman and a pullout sofa in addition to the two twins. The rooms were cozy, I think they are in the 145 sq ft range, but it's manageable.

You were in a superior interior which is where we are as well, but on deck 5. The category the OP is looking at is a standard interior, BUT, the one she is looking at looks bigger than all the rest on the deck plans. I couldn't imagine 3 of us, basically all adults since DS is taller than DH, in 121 sq feet of the standard interiors. :D

Was wondering if anybody has sailed in the inside cabins on the SKY' date=' aft [u']8158[/u]. Since they will sleep 4 I do believe they are the larger sized cabins, Would you please tell me about them...trying to put 3 people in, wonder if it includes overhead (pullman) beds or sofa.:confused:

We were in cabin # 9169 Cat. KK last year. I think it was called a superior inside. We were 2 adults and 1 DD11. We did not have any pullman beds in this category so the only option was the sofa bed. When it was pulled out, it was very tight in there. They literally took the measurement of the sofa bed when pulled out and went with it! The end of that bed fit snug up against the desk/vanity area. So when we needed to get to the bathroom, we would have to hurdle the pulled out bed. I am only 5'1" so this was no easy task being that the bed was wider than I was tall. My DH had no problem though and he is 5'11".

When the bed was flipped back into sofa there was plenty of room to move about.

I have attached a couple pics of our cabin so you can get an idea.

3253_1146000250972_1256493273_400670_5352554_s.jpg

3253_1146000290973_1256493273_400671_458460_s.jpg

3253_1146000610981_1256493273_400679_7819040_s.jpg

We were in cabin # 9169 Cat. KK last year. I think it was called a superior inside. We were 2 adults and 1 DD11. We did not have any pullman beds in this category so the only option was the sofa bed. When it was pulled out, it was very tight in there. They literally took the measurement of the sofa bed when pulled out and went with it! The end of that bed fit snug up against the desk/vanity area. So when we needed to get to the bathroom, we would have to hurdle the pulled out bed. I am only 5'1" so this was no easy task being that the bed was wider than I was tall. My DH had no problem though and he is 5'11".

When the bed was flipped back into sofa there was plenty of room to move about.

I have attached a couple pics of our cabin so you can get an idea.

3253_1146000250972_1256493273_400670_5352554_s.jpg

3253_1146000290973_1256493273_400671_458460_s.jpg

3253_1146000610981_1256493273_400679_7819040_s.jpg

Thanks for the photos. This sofa type thing looks lrge than what I saw in another picture. We are in a JJ which is similar but set up for 4 people instead of 3.

Do you have any other photos of the ship online somewhere that you would be willing to share a link for? I love looking at pictures to pass the time while we wait for our cruise.

Would you mind checking the superior interiors on Deck 5 for square footage and possible floorplan? I'm hoping that they truly are larger than the standard interiors.

Superior Interior Stateroom Cat JJ Avg sq ft cabin: 147

I saw a picture of cabin 5103 and it appears larger. Has a couch.

Archived