Formal nights on 12-nighter?

DoniaG

I have searched the threads and Celebrity's site, but I can't find when the formal nights are scheduled on a 12-day Med. cruise. I know the second night out is usually one, but we overnight in Venice for the first night. Does that mean that the first formal night will be the third night? Or do they do it the same night as sailaway? Is the next to last night also formal? And when does the third (middle) one happen?

I want to make reservations for specialty dining - and I can't decide if it would be better to eat there on formal nights - or save that as a treat for other nights. Looks like we're going to be sold out and I'm afraid to wait until we're onboard to make our reservations.

Is this information published anywhere? Seems like it would be an obvious FAQ.

Thanks for your help?

I was told by calling (and it turned out right) that the first formal is always the night of the first sea day. The second one is determined by the ship crew. Ours was the last sea day.

I have searched the threads and Celebrity's site, but I can't find when the formal nights are scheduled on a 12-day Med. cruise. I know the second night out is usually one, but we overnight in Venice for the first night. Does that mean that the first formal night will be the third night? Or do they do it the same night as sailaway? Is the next to last night also formal? And when does the third (middle) one happen?

I want to make reservations for specialty dining - and I can't decide if it would be better to eat there on formal nights - or save that as a treat for other nights. Looks like we're going to be sold out and I'm afraid to wait until we're onboard to make our reservations.

Is this information published anywhere? Seems like it would be an obvious FAQ.

Thanks for your help?

which sailing are you on?

which sailing are you on?

June 15 - Venice to Barcelona on Summit. If, in fact, the formal nights are typically on sea days, then I'll be able to pinpoint them. It makes a lot of sense to do it that way - we have three sea days and three formal nights.

Thanks to both of you

Donia

June 15 - Venice to Barcelona on Summit. If, in fact, the formal nights are typically on sea days, then I'll be able to pinpoint them. It makes a lot of sense to do it that way - we have three sea days and three formal nights.

Thanks to both of you

Donia

Formal nights are not always on at sea days, they will make every attempt to do so but it is not a hard and fast rule.

Thanks to both of you

Donia

Hi Donna,

I'll be doing the same route on July 9th. I would love to hear back from you when you get back!! I was wondering the same thing. I really don't want to make my specialty dining reservations until I know the dining schedule, but I also don't want them to be full. Do you really think they will be full the whole cruise on a 12 nighter?

I was in a Royal Suite- great room- but in rough shape. Didnt ruin my trip, but it needed a major overhaul. We sailed on Summit- not sure if you are on Summit or one of the newer ships.

Had 2 kids with us- 12 and 2. They both had an absoute ball!!

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have... Happy to pay back all of the help I got prior to sailing!

I was in a Royal Suite- great room- but in rough shape. Didnt ruin my trip, but it needed a major overhaul. We sailed on Summit- not sure if you are on Summit or one of the newer ships.

Had 2 kids with us- 12 and 2. They both had an absoute ball!!

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have... Happy to pay back all of the help I got prior to sailing!

Yes, on the Summit, CC on the way back Aft. Bummer that the room wasn't up to par.

I also have a 12 year old. he is used to DCL and RCCL, so I was afraid he would be bored. We do have a huge roll call for this sailing and there seems to be some kids his age, so I'm hoping that helps. Did your 12 year old spend time in the kid's club?

How was the tendering process?

Did you try any specialty restaurants?

Thanks for any tips!

He spent a lot of time there, because it was cooler than hanging with us. :)

There were 3 other kids his age and they all had a good time- definitely not as structured as RCCL, and they did not have to sign in and out.

We at at Normandie 2x. It was excellent- MUCh better than MDR which was average- Some meals great, I returned a few. For example, one night I ordered Fettucini alfredo, and I got fettucini with left over chicken and diced tomatoes, no cheese sauce... The beef was horrible everywhere.. although in Normandie they had a special with a truffle sauce- and I adore truffles.. so it made the meat better! I would have eaten there every night!!Rack of lamb was very good. Fish dishes were good as well.

My in laws had a CC room, and theirs seemed in excellent condition- so you should be fine. We were 6th deck aft and it was a fine location- did have engine vibration often, but that did not bother me in the least.

Tendering was very easy- we had priority which may have helped.. but I did not hear of any complaints.

All in all it was a very intense trip. I am still trying to get it all straight in my head. Wish we had extra time in venice... It was a lot of days waking early... which my 12 YO did not like.. and jet lag hit him hard on the way over. He really did not know what it would be like. But he really enjoyed the trip...

Let me know what else might help!

Thank you for your answsers. I figured it will be a lot of waking up early, which my family is not good at! LOL I'm not sor worried about my 12 year old there, but my 21 year old! UGH They have the inside cabin across from us, so the darkness won't help. I tried not to overschedule with tours. We are actually doing Rome and Florence pre cruise, so that should help.

We are on deck 7, I hate that vibration sound, oh well.

Did you make reservations ahead of time for the Normandy or while on the ship? I wanted to wait until we were on, but don't want to be left without a reservation.

Which method did you use to get to Santorini?

What kind of clothes did you pack for your 12 year old?

We made reservations ahead- but it was half empty both nights we went.. but they said the sailing prior it had a wait list- so I would reserve ahead to be safe if that is important to you. Loks like it is hit or miss. We dined in the wine cellar one evening which was great- a small private room as you enter.. a nice romantic touch, especially if you like wine.

We took cable car up - it was quick, and I did not look down!! :) Then a private tour.

I packed mostly polo shirts and dockers/jeans/shorts. Weather was cool in some spots, hot in others.. I wanted him dressed nicely - but agreed to t Shirts on really hot days (Athens..)

In terms of his dress for dinner- Khakis and polo or linen shirts, and a tux on formal nights. I would say maybe a third of all pax had tuxes.. and my 2 kids were the only children with them... But the pictures are fabulous!

Thank you so much! it will be much hotter when we go. I did buy him a new suit just after Christmas when they were on sale, so I guess I'll bring it.

I'm dreading those cable cars!! LOL

Do they have free ice-cream on the Summit?? That is m son's question. lol

Yes.. free icecream. Atthe end of the Waterfall Cafe. just before the pools.

My son's favorite.

He would get root beer and then bring it in for a scoop of vanilla for a float!

Flavors change daily, and often have fat free and sherbets as well....

Archived