Inspiration Cat 11/12 Question

dpal2208

Hi all,

I just booked a Suite Guarantee for my November sailing on the Inspiration.

My question is this... I have 4 people (wife, step Daughter (17) and son (2) and myself) traveling. I should definately get a penthouse suite since the Veranda suites only hold 3 people correct?

This is my plan at least and I sure hope I am right. My PVP said I am correct in my assumptions but they sometimes say anything to get you to buy.

Hopefully they will let me know my room number before final payment is due to be sure.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Bon Voyage

djp

Iv read the same thing here about Fantasy class, that you will get a cat 12 with 4 people, cant fit into a cat 11.

Cant assume they will assign your cabin before final payment though, but sometimes they seem to assign the quads early and then seem to fit the other assignments around them.

Thanks Firefly, I havent seen that mentioned before. I will have to do a search.

If anyone has ever done this with the class ship if they can confirm my thoughts i would appreciate your feedback.

djp

Booking a STE Guarantee for 4 passengers WILL GET YOU IN A CATEGORY 12 SUITE......the Cat. 11's cannot accommodate more than 3 guests. This has worked for every client I have booked using this method on "Fantasy Class" ships.....no need to worry UNLESS CCL changes the accommodation max. on those Cat. 11 suites which I do not see happeneing.

You will LOVE that Cat. 12 suite ! :D

The cabins in the Inspiration are very small....please check before final payments...Good luck.

Average inside or oceanview stateroom are the same at 185 sq. ft. which is considered LARGE in the cruise industry for standard staterooms. The Cat. 11 suites are similar in size. It's those Cat. 12's that come in at 360 sq. ft plus balcony that are wonderful for even up to 5 passengers in them !

Thanks TravelnTreats,

THis will be our 6th Carnival cruise (first suite). We did NCL about 8 months ago and didnt like what they had to offer. Guess I'm not the freestyle kinda guy.

I am surprised however that Carnival doesnt offer more for suite guests than just VIP boarding.

Any other info/pics on these staterooms are still welcome by all.

Bon Voyage

djp

We did the same thing in March - me, DH, and 2 DS (4 and 10) on the Fascination. I was even able to get them to assign me to a room about 2-3 weeks prior to the cruise, so we didn't have to wait to find out when we boarded.

It was a great room. BTW, it looks just like the 360 view on CCL website. The sofa/sitting area was wonderful. From reading these boards, I know that typically make it and leave it that way for the week. So, I asked the room steward if he would be willing to put it back each day. He seemed a little taken back but agreed. In retrospect, I should have tipped him a little extra up front, but we did give him a generous tip at the end of the week. But I digress. We are early morning people, so before we left the room each day, I took off the sheets and comforter, which stow nicely under the sofa before you fold it up. It took me less than 30 sec. to put it back each morning, and then all he had to do was make it in the evening.

With all the drawers and the walk in closet, we had plenty of room for everyones clothes. The balcony had 3 chairs.

The only negative was we had smoking neighbors to our left and it seemed that everytime we were on the balcony from 5:30 am to 11 p.m. someone was out there lighting up. B/c they were more toward the bow, the smoke was guaranteed to blow our way. IMHO Carnival should make the balconies on one side non-smoking, just like the rest of the ship.

You'll be glad you got the suite, especially when you walk in the OV rooms...they look so tiny and cramped, with no place but the bed to sleep.

Archived