138 day until Mexican cruise - HELP! Need Buddies!

Hello Kids!!!!

I feel like I havent talked to you in so long. Well, I did weigh myself this week and have to say that I didnt lose anything but didnt gain either. I am just stuck on the same number and it wont budge! I guess I should just forget about it for this week anyway. I love Thanksgiving!!!!

Did I hear somebody say they turned 60??? Happy B-day!!!!

Hope everyone is still sticking to their goals!!!! Keep it up.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Gaye enjoy your son being home:)

Thanks for the Happy Birthday. but....I DO NOT WANT TO BE 60! LOL Does anyone?

I totally understand being "stuck". Of course I hav'ent excersied in forever. And I seem to be eating everything in sight. Darn winter! I feel like a big old bear getting ready for hibernation. The last few days I've been doing somewhat better, but tomorrow is Thanksgiving, so I know I will blow off the diet. And I plan on doing it guilt free! I've never done Black Friday, but this may be my year. Lots of walking because I have no idea what to buy for anyone! Not at 3 or 4 a.m. though. More 10 or so. I may be nuts, but I'am not crazy!

I sure hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I also hope you enjoyed ALL the food as much as I did and just got back on the horse yesterday. I'm still in a happy weight range but need to watch it as I noticed my eating is starting to deteriorate, back to sweets and not enough fruit and veggies.

Cooper has been keeping me busy. We start an obedience class this morning so that should ramp up my exercise; I'll really need to walk him every morning. Brrrrrrrr

Gaye, is your son still home? I'm sure having him there just made your Thanksgiving perfect!

Hi Amy. It looks like it's just you and me on this thread now. Where in the heck did everyone go?

Yes, Dale is still home for a few more days. He leaves Tues. We had a great Thanksgiving dinner. Both of my kids and all the grandkids but one. Some of Bills family were here, and my "girls" from the shop. Quite a mix of people. Our house is small and the bar is closed one big holidays, so we always have it in the bar, which the grandkids LOVE! They get to play pool and shuffleboard, the jukebox and fix themselves a soda behind the bar. Us smokers broke the law and smoked in there too.

Am I not the typical grandma? No tattoos, thats a good thing. LOL

Of course I over ate that day. But yesterday I had a touch of something, and not to be too graphic, but lets just say I believe any food in my body is gone now. It was a bathroom marathon. Feeling better today.

Your living my life! A dog to train, and a horse to ride?

A dog to train yes, but no horse. Had our first class yesterday and he did fine. He's a total goof, but that comes with the whole male golden retriever thing.

We had a great Thanksgiving dinner too, but like you I didn't feel so good the next day. No "food dumping" but just felt icky. Made it easier to get back on track.

Back to work tomorrow after a week off..... sigh. Really need to start buying lottery tickets again.

Amy & Gaye....I'm still here!!!! Sorry about that. Glad everyone had a nice holiday, I did as well. Of course I ate too much but thats what youre suppose to do. I too am at a comfortable weight but still need to get atleast the 3lbs back off. With winter coming I know its going to be a little harder then the summer time. I havent seen my two brothers in awhile and they both told me that I look great. The one told me that he is very proud of me. That was a very nice thing to hear, I am the youngest of 4 kids and my brothers are the oldest.

Im sure your doggie is keeping you on your toes. I know it must be getting harder for the walks with the weather getting colder. But its so nice to see how happy a dog gets when theyre being walked, they just love it.

So, I am not abandoning the ship yet...I plan to stick around!

Brenda

Hi Brenda! I never thought you had abandon us, figured you were just busy. Glad to hear your only having to deal with 3 pounds. Thats great!

I finally got brave enough to get on the scale yesterday. First time since before the cruise. I was peeking through my fingers. What? I haven't gained! Yay me! Of course I have not lost any either, but I thought for sure I was up a few pounds. So I think I'll coast through the rest of the holidays, and then get serious again. (That's right.....any excuse to eat what I want LOL)

Gaye thats wonderful!!! It really is a hard time of year with all the goodies around. We are having a "pot luck" at work next Wed. so I have to figure out what Im bringing. Me, my mom, & sister make cookies every Christmas as well so that will be coming up soon...mmmm! I have been slacking on my water drinking too. But today I was able to drink quite a bit more then I have been. I know that was a big part of me losing weight.

So, we will head onward and get thru December and we'll be back on track...right??? Thats right!!! ;)

Brenda

Hello all:

I'm new to Cruise Critic and this board. I am sailing March 7th on RCCL Liberty of the seas. Would like to lose some weight before we sail. I have done weight watchers before but it gets a little old counting points. Any particular diet suggestions? I have been trying to get to the gym several days per week and find that going in the AM before works best. I find if you go after work ( I work a full time job which is stressful ) you will find every excuse not to go. I am 52 and will be cruising with my husband, 2 daughters and my in-laws.

Barb

Hi Barb. It's good to have someone keeping this thread alive. LOL It seems we get busy, or in my case, fall off the wagon, and don't keep up the way we should.

I've never done weight watchers (everything else!) but I know I would'nt want to keep track of points. I did real well on Medifast some years ago, and this time on Nutrisytem. But, Iam a yo yo kind of girl. I get real motivated for a time, then lose it.

I think any diet works if you stick with it. And having a cruise planned is gooood motivation!

Right now, I have no cruise booked, holidays are here with all the good stuff, and it's way cold outside. I hiberanate in the winter. All in all, not a good diet time for me. But I am determend to get with it again after the new year.

Hopefully the economy will let me get ahead and plan a cruise, my best motivator. Sad but true. LOL

Sooooo Barb, how do you feel about a roomie? It's 7 degrees here this morning. I start whining about the weather when it gets under 70! I keep telling myself it's almost over, but I know I'am a liar, winter has'nt even started yet. LOL

Working on portion control while it's cold. I shiver, so I'am doing the carbs to keep warm. (thats my story, and I'am sticking to it)

This is the time of year when it is really nice living in Florida. It's been in the mid 70's. A bit humid but overall very pleasant. Check back with me around April and it will start getting really hot here. You do get used to it. I'm a Florida native. Did live in California for about 4 years and really liked it. Lived near San Diego in La Mesa. Now that's some perfect weather.

Stop that! Do want to be friends or what? LOL Well, just looked in the mirror, hair sticking straight up, and guess what? Our water froze last night. Yep, work in 2 hours, need a shower, and a shampoo and no water. Should make quite an statement at work, Iam a hair sylist. At least I could wear a hat to work and wash it there. But I need water here! HATE WINTER!

I'm Back!!!!

Barb, welcome to the group. I am also maintaining weight but it is EXTREMELY hard this time of year. We had a "pot luck" lunch today at work and OMG all the good food. I have to get rid of my 3lbs leftover from my cruise and then get focused on my new goal of 10lbs. Winter has arrived in Chicago as well. We had our first snowfall and today just a wonderful day, snow, freezing rain, wind, and temps are dropping. We are going down to 8 tonight and a whoping high of 12 tomorrow so needless to say I am not out doing my walking.

Barb, I did weightwatchers a few years ago and I did very well with it but I can see how it gets boring with the points. My co-worker is on it now, she goes in and weighs in on Saturday's and she is doing fantastic. My opinion is if you are eating right, drinking a lot of water, and exercising you will lose weight. Im sorry if I missed how much you are looking to lose but I will say it again, this board helped me a great deal. MOTIVATION is the key. If you are bored and have some time on your hands go back and read this thread, there were just a few of us who stuck it out the whole way and we have the weight loss to prove it. We started July 1st and my goal was to lose 25lbs by Oct 1st, well I met my goal and an extra 5lbs.

If you have your mind set that you are going to do it, then you are half way there and we will help with the other part :D.

So, on that note....ladies keep warm, Barb Im jealous, I LOVE FL! I will talk to you all soon.

Brenda

Ok, no more whining about our weather I guess. Chicago wins hands down for cold. There is no way I could live there. No way. I would be in tears 24/7. I hate the cold.

I think I'am creeping back up on the weight a little. I need to watch it or I'll be a goner again.

Well, Bill had a birthday. So right now our kitchen has: 1 giant store bought cake, 1 sheet cake pan full of fudge, large cannister of cookies, and a giant banana cream pie, complete with a large container of whipped cream.

The good new? Just looking at it all gives me sugar overload, so far I've had very little of anything. A couple of cookies and had to try the pie. It's time to share with the girls at work. HO ho ho.

I've been baking and candy making and for a day or two was eating it all. But, I hit my sugar limit I think and am making gift trays for everyone. I always take the staff at the Social Security hearing office a bunch of stuff. It pays of SOOOOO big all year. hee hee

Just had my bloodwork done and while my cholesterol is back up a bit, everything else is great. I've been worried that my thyroid was going back to hyper, but in fact if anything it's more "normal" than it's been in quite a while. I was afraid that my "easy" maintenance was just because I was out of whack again.

Give it all away Gayle!

LOL, oh yes, I took huge slabs of cake to work today. Still have not had cake or fudge. I did have another small piece of pie. THE best crust ever! But over all doing OK. This is not a losing time of year, but hopefully can maintain anyway.

Yah about your Dr. visit. Kinda wishing I had hyper thyroid, just a little.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!!!

All I can say is why must there be soooo much good food around this time of year?? I have been doing pretty good considering that every time you turn around there is some kind of goodies infront of you. Im looking forward to this year ending, it has been a good year for weightloss so I"m hoping 2010 will be just as good! Just wanted to let you all know that Im still with you :D

Brenda

Archived