Wine cost

crayola

We just recieved our documents for our December 30 cruise. Included within them was a gift list which offered different wine packages. Some of the selections were (6) assorted bottles for $144 or individual bottles of Merlot or Chardonnay for $18 each. Is there any pricing advantage to purchasing the wine now or is it the same price on board? Also, if purchased as gifts, can they be consumed at dinner without a corkage fee?

If the wine is purchased through the HAL gift list, you can drink it in the dining room with no corkage fee. The only time you pay a corkage fee is if you are bringing a wine you purchased/obtained from anywhere other than the ship/HAL.

On our last cruise just a few weeks ago I was expecting to pay $4.00 more a bottle than my previous cruise for our favorite Asti because HAL's web site and the gift list said it cost $26.00. I had stated here on these boards that I was a little upset. When we got on the ship they knew nothing of that price and they were the same price of $22.00 that we have paid for previous 2 cruises. I was extremely happy. I think if you buy it on board and not before the cruise it could possibly be cheaper.

Archived