My first cruise! wait & wait

TF921

Hi I just booked my first cruise :) but it's a YEAR away :(

How will I ever survive? Now that I found this board I have been reading non-stop, it just makes me want to go more.

How do you wait?? lol I guess that is my question :D

Get your research done over the next few months and map out your plans for any pre or post cruise stay as well as your port excursions. Then get involved in your Roll Call here on CC and start communicating with some of your future shipmates. It should help to make the time go by a bit quicker.

I know, right now, you want time to fly, but as you get closer and closer to your sail date, that means you'll be closer and closer till the END of your cruise! (I've found I've wished and wished for boarding day to arrive, then I have to start counting down until it's all over.....)

Don't rush it! Enjoy the anticipation!!!!

Thanks everyone. I only booked a 4 day. Now that I am reading so much, I know I will regret not booking a 7 day.

With the cruise I booked, I only have one excursion. So not too much to plan.

Buy 2 ply toilet paper and slowly peel the layers apart and re-roll them.

Have your neighbor's 5 year old grandson tell you about his latest dream.

Re-paint every room in your house.

Memorize the 2009 list of spelling-bee words and their definitions.

Set every digital clock in your house. (this could take a LONG TIME!)

Study up on the owner's manual of your digital camera. Find the manual FIRST.;)

Read every post on CC to fully prepare yourself!

The anticipation of our FIRST CRUISE, in a SUITE no less, is killing me!

Start gathering information and don't hesitate to ask questions!

Definitely go to the Roll Call board for your ship to see if anyone else on CC is on your cruise and start talking. There's nothing more fun than bumping into CC people onboard ship during a cruise!

Theresa

Lists, make lists. For every cruise I while away the waiting time by making lists. (yes I know I'm obsessive)

Packing spreadsheet - clothes by type, function (casual, dressy or formal), day of wearing them. I can fritter away a lot of time with lists and if god-forbid I buy something new then I have to totally refigure the list to make sure it fits.

Ship research - list of spa treatments from the online treatment menu that I want to have, dining room menus so I can know which night I want to go to the alternative restaurant, deck plans which help me figure out the quickest and easiest way to whatever thing I want to do onboard is, onboard activities list so I don't miss bingo or ballroom dance class or whatever I can't live without.

Port research - even if you have just one port, there are going to be many ship sponsored excursions, private excursion opportunities and just hanging around the pool/beach/shopping area chances.

Cruise Critic Roll Call - I join my roll call early and am an active participant. Since I travel alone it's great to know who else is going to be on the ship. Sometimes, during the postings, you find folks with similar experiences or interests and I make notes about that on my roll call spreadsheet. This can be very helpful in setting up a meet and greet onboard too.

Ok now that I've actually typed this out loud :eek: it's clear I have a problem. Have a super cruise and enjoy the wait.

Archived