Trouble with NCL

I tried to book a Bermuda cruise online with NCL's website. When I got to the payment page I noticed it bumped my payment up $30.00 for each person. I went back and looked at the cabin cat. to check the price and it was $30.00 lower. Tried to book again and again when it got to the payment it jumped up $30.00pp. What's the deal, is NCL dealing in false advertising?

You will get lower pricing if you use any applicable categories for saving, ie Latitudes, FL resident, over 55. The difference in my cruise was $180 per balcony stateroom.

It is also possible that the rate went up slightly, since you are closer to cruise time.

Nope, this included my latitudes number and happened the same day not different days. I tried to book the same cat. each time. I booked the same info. each time, within the space of minutes, not days. But thanks for your suggestions.

None of the above, this is strictly a cabin price issue. Go try it yourself. See if the price isn't higher when you get to the payment page. By the way this was for a cat K cabin. Maybe it doesn't do it on other cats. Maybe I will go try a different cat. and see.

I did call them and they said that they don't know why there is a difference ,but it doesn't show the lower price on their computer. So they wouldn't give me the lower price. In my book this is false advertising.

Why are people reluctant to go the "old fashioned" way and use the telephone??!! I like doing stuff on the web, too...but if it doesn't work the way I expect it should, I'm on the phone to the company in question, and get it worked out.

CALL them!

I did call them and they said that they don't know why there is a difference ,but it doesn't show the lower price on their computer. So they wouldn't give me the lower price. In my book this is false advertising.

If the problem is the result of a computer glitch it's just an error, not false adverstising.

How about classifying it as an error, not false advertising? Mistakes happen, even with NCL, even with their website. Frustrating yes, but I don't jump to the conclusion of false advertising.

We saw a price drop, called PCC and she said it did drop, but $20 less pp than the website showed. She lowered the price to what she was seeing it to be. I hung up, called back, got a different woman on the phone, and she dropped it to exactly what the website price was. It was very easy and worth the 5 minutes! Saved $360 in fares and only lost $130 OBC for a net gain of $230. NICE!

None of the above, this is strictly a cabin price issue. Go try it yourself. See if the price isn't higher when you get to the payment page. By the way this was for a cat K cabin. Maybe it doesn't do it on other cats. Maybe I will go try a different cat. and see.

I've had this happen many times before and it is frustrating!

I know exactly what you are talking about.......:(

I just tried another cat on the same cruise date same thing price show up $30pp higher on the payment page. This has been like this for a few days now, and NCL does know. I talked to the manager at the cruise consultant number. She was going to talk to the tech dept. and get back to me but she hasn't yet. In this day of computers and tech depts you would think that data would be up to date. I still think NCL is trying to pull people in with a lower rate and just hope you don't notice------ it's just $30pp, right?.

By the way I did end up going to a TA and NCL quoted them the lower price, so don't book on their website.

A few hours ago I called to see if they would give me a different price than what I was seeing on the website. I did not tell them I had access to the information on the website. The woman had my reservation up and gave me a price that was $300 more than the online price to upgrade to a balcony. I repeated the information twice and asked if that included my latitudes discount and she said yes. I was staring at my computer screen and repeated the same balcony category to her.

Something is not right.

Thank you OfcSupport, at least I'm not the only one whose noticed something wrong and willing to say something.

There's a difference between something being wrong and false advertising. No one has suggested you didn't find something that might be wrong. It's the use of the words "false advertising" that got people's backs up.

What do you call it when a business advertises a price and then charges you a higher price when you get to the register? Wouldn't you complain and expect them to give you the advertised price? Most businesses would, not NCL.

Thank you OfcSupport, at least I'm not the only one whose noticed something wrong and willing to say something.

You are not alone...we noticed it, too.

By any chance, are you trying to make a booking with 1 adult and 1 child? One thing I discovered quite by accident is that NCL charges more for single parents. I initially tried booking on NCL.com and put in 2 adults for the # of passengers. Yet when I get to the payment page and enter DD's DOB it changes the price (in our case $100 more). This has happened to us on multiple occasions and I am convinced that NCL charges more for single parents. I really don't understand this reasoning, nor does it make sense.

Fortunately for me, my TA does not discriminate.

Archived