Is this upgrade worth it on the Veendam?

lovebug33

They're closed, darn it! Are they on east coast or west coast time? I am trying to figure out when they are open in the morning so I can call before work. I hope I can get one! I just am not going to tell DH!

OMG....it is so worth it I can't even begin to think of the right words to tell you why.

I'm not sure of the cabin size of the HH, but the balcony cabins are about 225 sq. ft....plus the balcony...which is about 57 sq. ft. m/l. Watching the shoreline go by is such a plus in Alaska....you never know when you might see a bear or a whale. And that's not even to mention the extra space in the cabin.

I don't know your personal circumstances, but if you can handle an extra $99pp, I don't think you'll ever regret it.

They are offering an upgrade to a Verandah suite for 99 dollars per person. Is it even worth it? TIA!

FYI,

The newly refurbished Holland America Veendam has just finished the "Signature of Excellence" upgrades and looks enticing:

SOE2_Showroom.jpg

Rubens show Lounge

SOE2_MartiniBar.jpg

Martini Bar

img_lido_pool.jpg

Lido Pool

SOE2_Atrium.jpg

Atrium

img_verandah_popup.jpg

Verandah Suites

They're closed, darn it! Are they on east coast or west coast time? I am trying to figure out when they are open in the morning so I can call before work. I hope I can get one! I just am not going to tell DH!

HAL is based in Seattle so is on West Coast time. I agree that a balcony for $99 pp is a steal! I also agree with JimV that if you may never go back once you've been in a balcony!

Good luck!

Oh, man, so that means I have to wait until 7:00. I hope we get it because it sounds so much better! We've only had insides before, but this time went with HH because it was the same price. I am sure DH will be fine if I do it behind his back. The new video camera he doesn't know about, not so sure. He left for six days and is coming back to me buying all this stuff! :eek:

Lovebug, hope you got hold of HAL and jumped all over that one! I can only dream:) I've just booked for August in an HH gtee but find there doesn't seem to be that much "movement" for singles:(

Enjoy your beautiful balcony!

OMG! I am so excited! They had a LOT of rooms left. I took A089 on the back because he thought that would be the best of the 10 or so they had! Woo-hoo! I secretly wanted a balcony, but when we booked it would have been an extra 800 bucks a piece, and we couldn't afford that, so I pretended I was good to go with the HH. Now, if I can just avoid telling the DH . . . We'll see how that goes! Yeah!

Thank you so much for posting this, Lovebug! Now just keep your fingers crossed for us that we also qualify and that our travel agent will actually follow up on my e-mails and phone call and actually contact HAL quickly enough to take advantage of it!

Lesson learned, never again will I use a travel agent! I really don't like not being able to call HAL directly and do something, but instead to need to wait for the TA to get around to doing it. I know that we are not the only clients that she has, so I can't expect for her to jump on things as quickly as I would.

Archived