Is this upgrade worth it on the Veendam?

lovebug33

OMG....it is so worth it I can't even begin to think of the right words to tell you why.

I'm not sure of the cabin size of the HH, but the balcony cabins are about 225 sq. ft....plus the balcony...which is about 57 sq. ft. m/l. Watching the shoreline go by is such a plus in Alaska....you never know when you might see a bear or a whale. And that's not even to mention the extra space in the cabin.

I don't know your personal circumstances, but if you can handle an extra $99pp, I don't think you'll ever regret it.

The balconies on the S class ships, like the Veendam, are larger - 295 sq. ft, including balcony. I echo everyone else's opinion: $99 is a steal. The verandah cabins are wonderful. Going out on the balcony to say goodnight to the stars; watching the arrivals and departures in ports from your own balcony. Hope you can get one!

OK, I am so very, very, very frustrated!!! We are on the same sailing as Lovebug33, but they are telling my TA that we would have to pay the full $1299 in order to upgrade to the veranda. In fact, they are acting like the upgrade that Lovebug33 is getting isn't available at all. Does anyone have any suggestions? Lovebug33, was there a promo code or anything?

Hi Lovebug33, would you mind e-mailing me directly, please? I have been told that there is a piece of info that I might be able to get from you that could help us get the upgrade. My e-mail address is corieatlingdotucsddotedu (please replace with the appropriate signs.)

Thanks!

Lovestodance: I can't e-mail you until later tonight! However, I got an e-mail that had my name and booking number and said to call them. Then, they said that I qualified for the upgrade. I'm wondering if they just choose certain rooms?

Lovestodance: I can't e-mail you until later tonight! However, I got an e-mail that had my name and booking number and said to call them. Then, they said that I qualified for the upgrade. I'm wondering if they just choose certain rooms?

OK, thanks! From what I have heard, if I have your name or booking number, so they can pull up your booking record, there may be info in the record that they can take to the supervisor and make an argument for our also getting the upgrade.

The really frustrating thing about this is that we had been in an HH until about 3 weeks ago when I decided that staring at a bulkhead would trigger my claustrophobia and so we upgraded to an FF guarantee (for $200/pp). I know that you can never predict these things, but I also know that it is going to bug me if I don't pursue this and at least give it a really good try.

There is nothing wrong with an FF, and we will be happy there, if that is what we end up with. I am certainly well aware that the most important thing is that I will have 7 days in Alaska with my sweetheart, no matter which room we have.

Please come back and post after your cruise on how you liked the room - we have that same stateroom (A089) booked for our Bermuda cruise next year!! :)

I would especially like to see a picture of the balcony - supposed to be larger than your normal A Veranda balcony.

Loves to dance: found some info at work and e-mailed you. Let me know how it works out for you.

Thank you! Well, apparently it would have worked for us, but by the time my TA called, the offer was sold out! :mad:

Note to self- never, ever use a TA again!!! It just adds in another layer of complexity, that slows things down.

Archived