Wifi at Princess Lodges?

seaski42

I'm trying to decide whether to take my laptop. I don't think I will use it on the ship because of the high user charges but we also are staying 3 nights at McKinley and Denali lodges. Is it available and free at these establishments? Thanks for any information.

In May of last year they had PC's (free usage) with internet connections at the McKinley and Denali lodges. I don't recall if they had wi-fi or not. I also don't recall if they had them at the Fairbanks lodge or not.

I didn't take my laptop because

1. I'm too lazy to drag it around.

2. I'm too cheap to pay the access fee on the ship

In May of last year they had PC's (free usage) with internet connections at the McKinley and Denali lodges. I don't recall if they had wi-fi or not. I also don't recall if they had them at the Fairbanks lodge or not.

I didn't take my laptop because

1. I'm too lazy to drag it around.

2. I'm too cheap to pay the access fee on the ship

The access fee is only $3.95 for those who are not Platinum or Elite. I've been thinking about buying one of the tiny ones to take with me to Alaska, since they only weigh 2+ lbs and can fit into my purse.

The access fee is only $3.95 for those who are not Platinum or Elite. I've been thinking about buying one of the tiny ones to take with me to Alaska, since they only weigh 2+ lbs and can fit into my purse.

After you pay the access fee there's still a per minute charge when you're online and the connection is much slower than you have at home so those minutes add up fast!

After you pay the access fee there's still a per minute charge when you're online and the connection is much slower than you have at home so those minutes add up fast!

You can't do per minute; you must buy a package. And of course it's not going to be like at home, but on the whole I have been very satisfied with my on ship internet connections. I spend way too much time on it both at home and away. :o

I've been thinking about buying one of the tiny ones to take with me to Alaska, since they only weigh 2+ lbs and can fit into my purse.

My DH just bought one of those especially for cruises. I think it will work out very well.

My 5-year old granddaughter saw it and wants one. She calls it the "Sophie Size" computer. (Her name, obviously, is Sophie.)

My DH just bought one of those especially for cruises. I think it will work out very well.

.)

Which one did he buy? I like the keyboard on the HP 1116; seems to fit my fingers better than the Dell. Haven't tried Acer yet. Keyboard very important because I have long nails

Archived