Fantasy 5/16/09 short review

Im just gonna touch on a few sections, so if you have any questions let me know. Overall the cruise was amazing, and I'd do the Fantasy again.

Embarkation: VIP (my room) was not as I planned, all the other guest I cruised with were on before me... :-(... So standard embarkation went very smoothly and quick.

Room: the fell in love with the cat 12. I had U114. Im not sure if the money is totally worth in, only because we werent in the room that much. I do know from now on I will always have a balcony... perfect for relaxing.

-a couple issuses: 2 air vents were not working our room and the hot tub dont work, but they were fixed within a few hours after calling about them, so thats great.

-also: the matress was not the amazing one I remember, it was very hard. But this is not in all the rooms most of the other rooms I went with were the amazing ones- I just lucked out.

Odor: I did noticed a funky fishy smell at times, but only in our room (no where else on the ship). I called they said it may be related to plumbing.

Service: was top notch- not complaints from anywhere!

Food: ranged from ok to great. But I could always find something I liked. No complaints.

Camp Carnival: amazing people! my kids had a great time, they always stayed busy, they loved it. (Ages: 5,7, and 10)

I know this is brief so let me know if you have any questions.

OH, also this was the 5day turned to 7day and there were 2 formal nights.

Thank you for the review. This will be the first Fantasy-class ship we are sailing on, and I am worried it will be "too small" for us! We did splurge and get a category 12 suite for the first time ever, and I am very excited about that! Did you spend any time in New Orleans? We are flying in 4 days pre-cruise, as we have never been there before. Will be traveling with dh, dd18/21, and staying at Drury Inn.

Sailingon her in August. Do you have any of the capers where you could tell us the light events, i.e. deck parties, formal nights, etc. So glad you enjoyed you vacation. Counting the days till ours.

Thank you for the review. This will be the first Fantasy-class ship we are sailing on, and I am worried it will be "too small" for us! We did splurge and get a category 12 suite for the first time ever, and I am very excited about that! Did you spend any time in New Orleans? We are flying in 4 days pre-cruise, as we have never been there before. Will be traveling with dh, dd18/21, and staying at Drury Inn.

yup we arrived 2days early, we also stated at the drury inn- they were great. pool on the roof, free pop & pop corn 3-10p and i believe 5-7p any1 over 21 get 3 free cocktails (and they were actually strong). The people at the front are great, very helpful- theyll give good maps and menus if you need them.

The fantasy was a great, not too small at all. On this trip, I didn't run across any chair hogs...

you will enjoy yourself, esp with the cat 12!

Sailingon her in August. Do you have any of the capers where you could tell us the light events, i.e. deck parties, formal nights, etc. So glad you enjoyed you vacation. Counting the days till ours.

sunday is my day off and ill get capers up, I also got a load of pics too....

until then...:)

Archived