Booking direct through HAL - PCC questions

galipemi

Hi all,

This is my first time booking direct with HAL. I found that there wasn't a big difference in prices for my sailing between ta's and HAL and not a lot of OBC offers to make it worthwhile. Long story short, I called HAL's reservation line this morning and was left feeling a little less than impressed.

Now, I have nothing against HAL over this but rather a problem with people in customer service positions who don't want to answer questions. I asked a fairly simple (I thought) question and the response I got was less than stellar. I didn't say anything to the agent but what I'm wondering is this - is this now my PCC? If so, how can I get them changed? If not, how do I get one single point of contact in place?

I booked online with HAL, but before I called and talked with a PCC about my questions. Her answers were okay, but again not steller. She sent me her card, but I ened up booking online myself.

Hoever I had a problem with the online check-in. So I instigated an instant chat with a PCC about the problem. I think the main issue with the PCC's is they don't initially listen to what you are saying, the first time you say it.

After his initial response, I could type, why that response didn't address my problem, and then he was very helpful at getting it resolved and fixed to my satisfaction.

I think they must get a million calls and get similar requests and questions of a certain type, so the inclination is to answer that main answer. It takes a little longer if your question or issue is somewhat different than their bombarded with. But once it's clear, they are very helpful.

Good luck!!

Hi all,

This is my first time booking direct with HAL. I found that there wasn't a big difference in prices for my sailing between ta's and HAL and not a lot of OBC offers to make it worthwhile. Long story short, I called HAL's reservation line this morning and was left feeling a little less than impressed.

Now, I have nothing against HAL over this but rather a problem with people in customer service positions who don't want to answer questions. I asked a fairly simple (I thought) question and the response I got was less than stellar. I didn't say anything to the agent but what I'm wondering is this - is this now my PCC? If so, how can I get them changed? If not, how do I get one single point of contact in place?

I booked online with HAL, but before I called and talked with a PCC about my questions. Her answers were okay, but again not steller. She sent me her card, but I ened up booking online myself.

Hoever I had a problem with the online check-in. So I instigated an instant chat with a PCC about the problem. I think the main issue with the PCC's is they don't initially listen to what you are saying, the first time you say it.

After his initial response, I could type, why that response didn't address my problem, and then he was very helpful at getting it resolved and fixed to my satisfaction.

I think they must get a million calls and get similar requests and questions of a certain type, so the inclination is to answer that main answer. It takes a little longer if your question or issue is somewhat different than their bombarded with. But once it's clear, they are very helpful.

Good luck!!

The problem here is that there are two different departments within HAL that book cruises. If you dialed 800-Sail-Hal (I think), then you get a generic call center. There is a different number for the PCC department (800-355-3017) that will assign you to a particular PCC that you will talk to all the time. That department is where you will talk to the same agent all the time. Also, within the PCC department at any given time, like any other business, you will find some that are excellent and others that are just so-so. Hopefully you will find one you like working with.

Rich

Thanks Rich! If I've already booked with the call center, is there any way to go about getting the booking into the hands of a PCC? Should I just call the PCC number?

Nutbunch - thnanks! I should have tried the online booking but since I had a question I thought I'd just phone it in. Live and learn:cool:

Just call either # and tell them you wish to request a PCC. They will transfer you to someone who will always be there for you. I love our PCC , we have had the same one for 6 years. If you don't care for the first one you may request different ones until you find one you feel comfortable with.

Here are two recent threads about dealing with HAL's PCC department, hope the information helps

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=985424

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=950133

You should be able to change to any PCC just by asking, but it might need a supervisor approval. Hope this helps you and you find a good one like I did.

Rich

When I recently contacted my "assigned" PCC who had helped me with a prior cruise, he first answered my e-mail and then chose to completely ignore my subsequent e-mail with a few more questions. I also thought he was being less than honest with me because he claimed there was only one stateroom left (like I wanted) and I'd need to act fast. I checked other online agencies and found there were numerous open staterooms in my category available. Then I saw the above mentioned threads with one particular PCC mentioned several times as being very good. I was thrilled to have a name of someone I could "request". I emailed this PCC (KH) and got a polite reply back indicating that I couldn't just change PCC's, I needed to speak with a supervisor first and she (KH) could request a supervisor contact me. I answered back that I would be very happy to speak with a supervisor since I did want to change PCC's and request (KH). Instead of a supervisor contacting me.......the original PCC who I wanted to fire called me and left a message. I don't want to talk to him....I want to talk to a supervisor and get the PCC I want. Next thing I know I get a phone call and e-mail from a totally different PCC introducing herself as my "new assigned PCC". What?.......Huh? ......I never got to speak with a supervisor, and I was ready and willing. So.......now I'm stuck with someone I didn't want, someone I don't want, and not being able to get the PCC that I DO want (KH). Give me a break. HAL should not make this such a hassle. You can't just call and get this done, I don't understand why.

I always book direct on the HAL web site. Once I'm booked, as I have requests or questions I call Ship's services and have always had a very pleasant experience. I've never had a PCC assigned nor have I asked for one. Ship Services has been wonderful.

Don't know if this is of any value to you but thought I'd throw it out there. :)

Bon Voyage!!

The problem here is that there are two different departments within HAL that book cruises. If you dialed 800-Sail-Hal (I think), then you get a generic call center. There is a different number for the PCC department (800-355-3017) that will assign you to a particular PCC that you will talk to all the time. That department is where you will talk to the same agent all the time. Also, within the PCC department at any given time, like any other business, you will find some that are excellent and others that are just so-so. Hopefully you will find one you like working with.

Rich

please make sure you dial 877-SAIL HAL not 800... 800 is a line that offers services that are VERY far removed from cruising...:eek:

Rich

please make sure you dial 877-SAIL HAL not 800... 800 is a line that offers services that are VERY far removed from cruising...:eek:

Thanks for correcting me. That's why I said "I think". I never use that number since I use the other one to get to my PCC.

Rich

Thanks for correcting me. That's why I said "I think". I never use that number since I use the other one to get to my PCC.

Rich

I saw that you put "I think" and I congratulate you on not mistaking it for "SALE HAL" :D which it is not.

But one of the first things covered in Reservations Training is what the number for reservations is, and what it MOST CERTAINLY IS NOT :D

Next thing I know I get a phone call and e-mail from a totally different PCC introducing herself as my "new assigned PCC".

If I were you, I would phone the PCC department tomorrow and ask to speak to a supervisor, explain the situation and that it appears you were randomly assigned to different PCC and that you want to have KH administer your file. KH is our PCC and we are really pleased with her - phone calls returned promptly; emails answered within a very short period of time, and always ready to help and explain things. I'd be interested in knowing if your original PCC was SB?

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Thanks for your reply, Ger77. Calling a supervisor myself is probably the next step. I prefer to deal with HAL's PCC's for cruises but with all these problems , I just went ahead and booked a cruise with a local TA. My prior PCC was not SB. I was very impressed by all the good comments on CC about KH and felt good about switching to her, but HAL makes that impossible to do, not sure why. We have had several cruises with HAL and I was only attempting to get information about the possibility of another couple of upcoming cruises and hit a wall with a non-responsive PCC who I attempted to leave. You'd think HAL would appreciate the interest and return business instead of pushing someone away just for attempting to go with a certain PCC based on referrals.

Archived