Belize Caye Caulker

skyebluetravels

I had a stop in Belize a few year back on a cruise, we took a water taxi to Caye Caulker and had a great time. I have a friend leaving this weekend and I wanted to give him the information and cannot find it. Can someone forward me the information on the water taxi's that go to Caye Caulker.

Thanks

I had a stop in Belize a few year back on a cruise, we took a water taxi to Caye Caulker and had a great time. I have a friend leaving this weekend and I wanted to give him the information and cannot find it. Can someone forward me the information on the water taxi's that go to Caye Caulker.

Thanks

If you just google "Caye Caulker Water Taxi" you can find the website for one of the water taxi's and their schedule. I found the names of another water taxi on a Belize website, but I can't remember which one.

Where do you go to get the boat to Caye Caulker? Is it right by the pier or do you have to take a taxi from where the tenders let you off. Sounds like a good place to spend a few hours. We've been to Belize and have done the cave tubing so I'm looking for something like this. Is the schedule reliable to get you back to the ship?

Where do you go to get the boat to Caye Caulker? Is it right by the pier or do you have to take a taxi from where the tenders let you off. Sounds like a good place to spend a few hours. We've been to Belize and have done the cave tubing so I'm looking for something like this. Is the schedule reliable to get you back to the ship?

Schedule is pretty reliable.... I just wouldn't take the last boat that is "Scheduled" to get you back on time to catch the tender to the ship.

CC is a beautiful peaceful quiet spot... do not expect great swimming areas though. But for friendly folks, some great food and drink....and laid back atmosphere... you can;t beat it !

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

My DH and I went to Caye Caulker a couple years ago when we were on the Glory. We loved it!! We walked a few blocks and rented a golf cart. We went all over the little island and stop and looked in the stores. We stopped at this bar at this place called "The

Split". It is called that because a hurricane had split the island years earlier. Anyway, at this bar we had cold beer and local storytellers. We also watched a local spear diving for lobster. He would catch one and come up and throw it on land at the bar. We were joking with them that it was going to be our dinner. He let my DH hold it so I could get a picture. These are the kind of moments you remember fondly. I hope you enjoy it.

Are there places to sit and enjoy the beach, rent chairs and umbrellas, etc? If so, how much do they cost or are there public beaches? If we want a lazy day to just wander around, shop, sit on the beach, eat, etc. should we go to Caye Caulker or Bannister Island?

Are there places to sit and enjoy the beach, rent chairs and umbrellas, etc? If so, how much do they cost or are there public beaches? If we want a lazy day to just wander around, shop, sit on the beach, eat, etc. should we go to Caye Caulker or Bannister Island?

Caye Caulker is not well known for any beaches that I would say are by no means gorgeous and even saying nice is a push.....I did not see any chairs for rent. It is a sleepy fishing village and many backpackers stay there in their journeys. Great place to visit, but not for the beaches at all. If it were me, Bannister would be on the top of the list between the two.

Thanks for the quick answer. Belize is my one stop that I can't decide what to do. My husband doesn't want to go cave tubing and I'm not very good at snorkeling. Neither of us wants to see the ruins. So, a day shopping and at the beach sounds best. I guess I'm leaning towards Bannister Island then. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
My DH and I went to Caye Caulker a couple years ago when we were on the Glory. We loved it!! We walked a few blocks and rented a golf cart. We went all over the little island and stop and looked in the stores. We stopped at this bar at this place called "The

Split". It is called that because a hurricane had split the island years earlier. Anyway, at this bar we had cold beer and local storytellers. We also watched a local spear diving for lobster. He would catch one and come up and throw it on land at the bar. We were joking with them that it was going to be our dinner. He let my DH hold it so I could get a picture. These are the kind of moments you remember fondly. I hope you enjoy it.

Hi redhd62330! We will be stopping in Caye Caulker on our cruise as well and we are interested in taking a water taxi over to the island and renting a golf cart. Are there multiple places to rent golf carts? Is it easy to find the rental place or can you tell me where to go when we get to the island? How much was it to rent the golf cart?

Renting a golf cart to explore caye caulker is a great idea... There aren't too many places in the world where u find golf carts... And no cars.

Try C & N golf carts at 011-501-226-0252 or Island Boy rentals at 011-501-226-0229

while the split won't be the best beach you have ever been too, it will be one of the most memorable places you will visit. The atmospere is family friendly but very local in flavor. On a typical afternoon you will find around 20 to 30 people relaxing at the outdoor bar...There are picnic tables in the water too! Have to say the picnic tables r my favorite spot... Couple sips of my beer and the lay in the shallow waters. The sand in the water is white sand and the water is clear.

Renting a golf cart to explore caye caulker is a great idea... There aren't too many places in the world where u find golf carts... And no cars.

Try C & N golf carts at 011-501-226-0252 or Island Boy rentals at 011-501-226-0229

while the split won't be the best beach you have ever been too, it will be one of the most memorable places you will visit. The atmospere is family friendly but very local in flavor. On a typical afternoon you will find around 20 to 30 people relaxing at the outdoor bar...There are picnic tables in the water too! Have to say the picnic tables r my favorite spot... Couple sips of my beer and the lay in the shallow waters. The sand in the water is white sand and the water is clear.

Thanks for the info WendyCC! I appreciate it. I will check them out.

• 4 weeks later...

You can also get to Caye Caulker via Coral Breeze who has a drop off & pick up program available.

You take their boat right from the tourist village & their first stop is Caye Caulker where you get off & they return to Caye Caulker in a couple of hours for lunch for the snorkelers & the return trip to Beilze & the tourist village where you catch your tender back to your ship.

A neat & painless way to do it.

Bill in FL

Archived