Boston port access?

patterson3

Does anyone know if it's possible to get anywhere near the Boston port to take some nice pictures of the ships that are in port? I'm guessing after 9/11 they have seriously limited the access to non-passengers to the port, but if anyone knows otherwise I'd love to hear it.

We got fairly close a couple of years ago (actually drove to where people were being dropped off at the terminal), but the terminal building hides most of the ship. I seem to remember getting a pretty good view from the main street that crosses the channel right beside the terminal (Summer St. I think).

Go straight down Summer Street and past the turn for the Black Falcon Terminal. You'll see an awesome view from the bridge.

I was on that bridge last year and got some pics of the QM2 while she was in port. But from there the ship was at least 600 ft away....

First, check as to when a particular ships sails, then drive over to Castle Island and walk to the left of the Fort. You'll get some great shots of ships underway. Whenever friends drop us off or pick us up at Black Falcon, they do this. We have pictures of them waving to us from the walkway by the fort and with a telephoto, they took shots of us on the ship.

Directions: Summer St., left on Broadway, left onto the Blvd, drive to the end and park by the fort.

Darcy

Archived