Differences Between HAL and Celebrity?

moondoggie

We usually sail Celebrity, but my dear sister and I are cruising in early December 09 to celebrate her 55th BD--and are switching to HAL Eurodam for an itinerary she likes.

Can anyone tell me what they think are the big differences between Celebrity and HAL, if you have sailed both? Cabins are not a problem, as we both want insides and spend most of our time reading on deck (away from loud pool activities!) and talking--we live far apart, and try to get together withour our husbands and kids periodically!

I am also considering the 'anytime' dining program, so that we can meet lots of other people each evening--got any thoughts on this program?

Thanks, cruisers!

IMHO, the beds are way better on HAL, if that matters to you. Bathroom seemed a little larger, as well. Otherwise, they are pretty comparable. I like the smaller HAL ships, but since you will be cruising on one of the newer ships, it should feel similar to Celebrity. I like a set table/time/dinner companions, so I can't help with your other question.

We usually sail Celebrity, but my dear sister and I are cruising in early December 09 to celebrate her 55th BD--and are switching to HAL Eurodam for an itinerary she likes.

Can anyone tell me what they think are the big differences between Celebrity and HAL, if you have sailed both? Cabins are not a problem, as we both want insides and spend most of our time reading on deck (away from loud pool activities!) and talking--we live far apart, and try to get together withour our husbands and kids periodically!

I am also considering the 'anytime' dining program, so that we can meet lots of other people each evening--got any thoughts on this program?

Thanks, cruisers!

Hello.

We just returned from sailing on the Celebrity Millennium after cruising with HAL for the last few years.

I agree with Cinder, the beds are much better on HAL.

Do you smoke? If not, and you are used to Celebrity's smoking restrictions, HAL's liberal smoking policy might be problematic for you.

We haven't used Anytime Dining on HAL, so I can't help you with that.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

B

We have 2 bookings with HAL and 2 with Celebrity. Love both lines. However, if X offered anytime dining, we'd be thrilled. We love to meet new folks every night and if we click with someone, dine with them a second time. Have a wonderful cruise -- I know you will.:)

Archived