Early Saver OBC restrictions?

Jairey10

So thanks to the Early Saver promotion we are expecting over $500 in OBC for our group on our June 4th Sensation cruise! The forms have been submitted and if no response by Tuesday I will call to confirm since we are so close to sail date. My question is, are there any restrictions on what I can use this for due to where it came from? Can I apply it toward tips, etc? Also, if there is any left at the end of the cruise will I get a check as I would with a cash deposit? I would hope so since it would have been given as a price reduction prior to final payment, but you never know.

I'm even more excited about my upcoming cruise now!

$500! Wow, congrats!

You can use that OBC towards anything that is charged to your S&S account. It appears as a debit at the bottom of your account, as it is subtracted from your total charges, including tips.

At the end of the cruise, if you still have money left, you will receive it in the form of a check.

Enjoy your cruise!

My experience is you can use it for anything (even though it says cant be used for tips or gambling sometimes on OBC, Im thinking they say this about gambling for legal reasons so they arent accused of promoting gambling or something??)

Iv never had money left over, we treated it as found money and spent all of our extra OBC the only time they gave us a bunch.

My understanding is that remaining unused OBC is NOT REFUNDABLE at the end of the cruise.

What is Early Saver?spacer.gifEarly Saver is a brand new promotional rate that rewards you for booking early with the absolute lowest rate. In addition, the fares are backed by a unique price protection assurance. Book your cruise now. If you later find a lower Carnival advertised fare for the same sailing and accommodations, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable, non-transferable onboard credit. The policy is effective up to two business days prior to sailing.

Our fuel supplement OBC went right to our tips...which we were totally fine with. It worked out great. It appeared on our statement as the first line item being a credit, and then charges were deducted from that point on.

Just an FYI - You will not see the OBC applied to your account until the last day or when your bill arrives. Many passengers on our cruise this month were not aware of this and there were long lines at the pursers desk with some angry passengers that thought they were not receiving it because when they checked their accounts on the TV it did not appear.

On the Paradise in Dec, we recevied a mid-cruise statement under the door (no ability to access the statement via TV on this ship) and the OBC was there. Guess it depends on which ship you are on.

OK, another dumb question from me! Because of the amount we were thinking of not putting any additional money down on our S&S account. Excursions are already paid for and we are not big shoppers or drinkers so we really doubt we would spend any more than the amount of the credit. Is this allowed or do we have to have an additional cash deposit or card on file?

It's allowed as long you have plenty to cover tips you don't have to put anymore down. Although I was told last year you needed some type of deposit to activate it if it's prepaid, even a dollar will work. I don't know if that's accurate or not. This will be our first time with our OBC paid in ahead of time so we'll find out soon enough.

Forgot to add, no you won't have to have any card on file. They will give you a notice when your obc amount is getting low.

So thanks to the Early Saver promotion we are expecting over $500 in OBC for our group on our June 4th Sensation cruise! The forms have been submitted and if no response by Tuesday I will call to confirm since we are so close to sail date. My question is, are there any restrictions on what I can use this for due to where it came from? Can I apply it toward tips, etc? Also, if there is any left at the end of the cruise will I get a check as I would with a cash deposit? I would hope so since it would have been given as a price reduction prior to final payment, but you never know.

I'm even more excited about my upcoming cruise now!

You can use it for what you want, BUT you do not get a refund for any unused amount.

Archived