For allof us who booked Splendor BECAUSE of the PNW itinerary

victory2020

Hi All,

Am leaving tomorrow on the Splendor. Had no intention of cruising till October but this is my dream itinerary (well, if SF was included!) I figure if all of us who like the change of pace from LA tell CCL either on our comment cards and/or in a letter maybe we'll get it a couple of weeks a year (I understand RCCL is considering this).

Lots of people I have talked to like the idea of a PNW cruise as an alternative to a MR cruise.

I personaly like the idea of doing a B2B of PNW/MR. What a challenge that would be to pack for.:eek: I guess I would add more layers.:rolleyes:

With the fact that there are many people who seem to have enjoyed their PNW cruises, it would be great if Carnival added it as a new itinerary. This would just be Carnival's way of making lemonade (new route) out of lemons (skipping MR because of the swine flu). :)

I'm also sailing tomorrow on the Splendor, and I was completely delighted to get this sailing with the ports it's going to. The fact that we booked at completely dirt cheap rates made it even better!

I haven't gone YET (sailing 6/14) but I think it would be great for August and September when it will be too freakin' hot for Mexico. They should do alternating MR/PNW cruises during those months for sure! We definitely need more choices for cruises from the LA area, and since Splendor has that dome (which makes no sense to me for the Mexican Riviera)...

I would go if I didnt just get back from a cruise...but I think part of the appeal is the unbelievably low rates that are being offered because of less than ideal circumstances...at full fares I am not sure these voyages would attract as many people

I haven't gone YET (sailing 6/14) but I think it would be great for August and September when it will be too freakin' hot for Mexico. They should do alternating MR/PNW cruises during those months for sure! We definitely need more choices for cruises from the LA area, and since Splendor has that dome (which makes no sense to me for the Mexican Riviera)...

Misty, I'm cracking up here... we must share a brain! I was on the Paradise just before you (the 5/8-5/10 sailing) and now I learn I'm also going to be on the Splendor just before you! We're on the 6/7-6/14 sailing.

Like you, I'm local and *jumped on* the ridiculously low rates due to the swine flu re-routing. Now I'm spoiled and don't want to pay more than dirt-cheap rates to cruise! :p

I just returned from the Splendor and loved the itinerary! Even though I live in SF, I too would like to include it as a stop. I would LOVE to sail under the Golden Gate Bridge on a cruise ship. Actually I think the itinerary would be best served from San Fran since the trip between Long Beach and San Fran doesn't provide any scenery or add to the overall trip other than a couple of sea days that could be used somewhere else up north :)

Anyway, I found Astoria completely charming and everyone so friendly. I got to indulge my brother's Goonie's love to see the house and some other landmarks used in the movie. Some local artisans set up some tents just outside the cruise ship where I was able to buy a beautiful crocheted purse, wooden book marks and fresh cinnamon roasted nuts. Victoria is much more lovely than I expected and was in full bloom. We did some whale watching while there, but unfortunately the Orcas hiding that day. But fun nonetheless. Vancouver is a world class city with so much to do. I'm only sorry that our stop there was so short.

All in all, this would be a great addition to the Mex itineraries they currently (well not CURRENTLY :eek:) run and hopefully they'll be able to incorporate them in the near future.

If they did decide to do this I would also agree the summer months.........not because of the weather in Mexico but because of the weather in the PNW.......

I would go if I didnt just get back from a cruise...but I think part of the appeal is the unbelievably low rates that are being offered because of less than ideal circumstances...at full fares I am not sure these voyages would attract as many people

I agree! I don't see it happening.......

since Splendor has that dome (which makes no sense to me for the Mexican Riviera)...

We sailed on the Pride in March and the first and last day that dome would have been great cause it was down right COLD!

I would go if I didn't just get back from a cruise...but I think part of the appeal is the unbelievably low rates that are being offered because of less than ideal circumstances...at full fares I am not sure these voyages would attract as many people

As much as I loved it, I don't see these cruises happening in the future either. Victoria, Vancouver and Seattle are already staples on the Alaskan cruises. I feel lucky to have been able to take it while it was around though.

Archived