Worst thing about the Glory

kcep02

I just got off the Glory yesterday and I am still recovering however I can say the worst thing I can say about the Glory is it is awful to shave your legs in the shower.

On a postive note we had a wonderful cruise.

I just got off the Glory yesterday and I am still recovering however I can say the worst thing I can say about the Glory is it is awful to shave your legs in the shower.

whew! The one thing I don't have to worry about...now my wife...:D

Put a towel on the toilet and one leg up on it. Turn the water on in the sink to rinse your razor as you go. Once done shower the rest of the shaving cream off :) It took me a few tries of doing it while standing in the shower to figure that one out. 5 cruises later it's a breeze. :D

I am fortunate enough to only have to shave in the hotel the morning before embarkation:) After that it doesn't grow back until I get back to cold upstate new york!:(

I take the "Intuition" razor with me when I travel. It's the one that has a soap-like thing attached at the blade part, and you don't need to use soap or shaving cream to shave. It makes it a lot easier in those tiny showers. :)

http://www.schickintuition.com/

schickintuitionplus.jpg

Hey, I'm gonna get one of those!!

And I have to agree with Smoofdaddy, the worst thing about the Glory ( and I know because I have cruised on her twice ) is having to get off the ship!

I love that ship and her crew. My daughter and I were just talking about Glory yesterday...she cruised on it at a different time than I did and she said she loved it too!

cruzn

On our last cruise, I purchased a bottle of Nair before the cruise, used it the night before we left, and about half way through the cruise...MUCH easier then trying to shave in the shower, and it worked GREAT!

The worst thing about all the Carnival cruise ships is that THEY MAKE YOU GET OFF THE SHIP when they get back to port!

The worst thing on the Glory is their beds...I love Carnival Beds but theirs are the worst out of 11 cruises. I heard that soon they will be refurbished.!:)

Twice on the Glory 12/2005 and 9/2009, did not see anything wrong with the beds.

On our last cruise, I purchased a bottle of Nair before the cruise, used it the night before we left, and about half way through the cruise...MUCH easier then trying to shave in the shower, and it worked GREAT!

wow...I thought the best thing about Nair was that it lasted longer than shaving! I usually shave the day we board and that's it...I have some stubble by the end of the week, but not enough that anyone else would care...of course, I don't sit out and lounge in the sun either...

We sailed her on May 16th.

The worst thing was that the interior cabin 2385 is warmer than I liked.

The best thing for my oldest son was that the interior cabin 2385 was warm like he likes it!

:D

Worst thing about Glory? The number of unruly kids of all ages on our April cruise. Do you think this was because of closeness to Disney, time of year or what?

If you were traveling at spring break, you are going to see a lot of kids. Same holds true for summer and Christmas. Personally, I would be surprised if there are that many people that try to do disney and a cruise in one trip - unless you were from Europe or something and had longer flights. Disney is a week long vacation all in itself.

We usually cruise early march for my DSs break - which coincides with a lot of college breaks. Our last cruise on the Fascination had at least 500 college kids on it. Made for more of a party atmosphere, but we had no problems with it. And the Valor in 2007 had like 800+ college students - beer funnels and all on the lido deck. Quite a site to behold! :D

The worst thing on the Glory is their beds...I love Carnival Beds but theirs are the worst out of 11 cruises. I heard that soon they will be refurbished.!:)

Sorry your bed was so uncomfortable...but the beds were refurbished already...I loved mine. I slept so good - and the pillows were awesome. In fact, I'm going to order some. The Glory will dry dock in January for a couple of week or so, they are getting the seaside movie screen etc. My biggest complaint was our room seemed to get hot during the night and how the ran out of cups/ice all the time at the buffets.

The food needed flavor…. I had the world’s most boring salsa on the glory and the jalapeños were not hot but mild. DW and I are bringing garlic salt for our next cruise and maybe some salsa.

Most people rant and rave about the food on cruise ships but I found it to be quantity over quality, but with that said I would love to cruise on the Glory again.

I sailed on Glory in April and will be returning in July.... I would have to say there are only two minor issues other than having to leave after a week...

It is not an easy ship to navigate.... You have to go up and down floors to get anywhere.... Took awhile to figure that out but when you do... all is well.... The cigerette smoke smell is pretty common place in the common places so to speak....

The main issue with me is the lack of an adults only area..... In the past the aft pool area was but not anymore...

That being said.... I am looking forward to July 11 so I can return....

I have a electric shaver instead of razors. I find razors are harsh on my legs.

I am going to price out waxing my legs the end of august or first weekend in September. I can let them go for a few days and by waxing day they'll have a lot of hair to wax off!!!!

The triple blade razor sample is good, but you must be careful....I too occasionally wet me legs and use the sink and wet it/rinse it and shave my legs. I tempt fate using shaving cream/gel......

Archived