Mariner of the Seas - Best Dinning?

luvtcrz

My husband and I are booked for a promenade room on the August 23 - 30, 2009 sail date. We are huge cruisers and go at least once a year as a couple and sometimes again that year with the kids. We have heard alot lately that the food choices have really changed for the dinning room. We really have always enjoyed the food in the dinning room with a few exceptions. We are worried that we will not be able to still get our crab legs at least one of the nights as well as our creme brule. Are there still some great meals to be had, or are the days of amazing dinning gone? Let me know what food you were able to order and really enjoyed while on the Mariner of the Seas.

I missed a few nights in the dining room on our mariner cruise so I dont remember crab legs, plus they might have been on the menu but i dont care for them so i might have had something else. The creme brule I definitely remember ordering. We enjoyed the sushi at Jade in the evenings. The lobster night wasnt up to my standards of Maine lobster but it wasnt bad. I remember the risotto was amazing! This was my first cruise but my fiance has been on several before me. We both enjoyed Mariner's food.

This is our 8th cruise, but our first with Royal Caribbean. On our last two cruises we traveled on the Princess Cruise Line. They both had on one of the Formal Nights, Crab Legs that had already been split and were hot and ready to eat. It was a real treat and something we looked forward to again on this cruise. Hopefully so!

I missed a few nights in the dining room on our mariner cruise so I dont remember crab legs, plus they might have been on the menu but i dont care for them so i might have had something else. The creme brule I definitely remember ordering. We enjoyed the sushi at Jade in the evenings. The lobster night wasnt up to my standards of Maine lobster but it wasnt bad. I remember the risotto was amazing! This was my first cruise but my fiance has been on several before me. We both enjoyed Mariner's food.

oo could you please tell me about the jade dining? I haven't found much info on this .. thanks!

Its part of Windjammer, Its just a side where they served sushi and sashimi, They had rice and some soups and such. It wasn't as thrilling as it sounds but it was decent sashimi. It was a buffet style as well so you could what you wanted and they had chopsticks out as well as more Japanese styled plates and cups. Around the time when that was open it was a bit quieter in the Windjammer seating and dining area. They kept the lights low with candles on the tables. It was nice to sit by a window and watch the island leave . Someone was of course bringing the Lipton's orange/passionfruit/jasmine tea around. That was such good tea we drink it on a regular basis at home now.

We just got off the Mariner yesterday. My DH and I are self-proclaimed "food snobs" so we found most of the food to be just fair-to-good. These are the items that were repeaters for me:

Lamb shank in MDR (so good I would have ordered it every night if I could have!)

Bran muffins, in Cafe Promenade and Windjammer

Raisin bread, in Cafe Promenade and Windjammer

Dark chocolate pudding, in Windjammer

As others have said, the sushi at Jade was very good. Note they only offer it at dinner.

Archived