Need help deciding next family friendly cruise

Peggy5

We just got back from disney magic western carribean 2 weeks ago it was great, though 3 yr old DD surprised us & didn't want to go to the kids club or flounders so even though we missed the adult activities we had a great time. We booked while onboard for 2010 march eastern carribean but once got home realized can't take vacation(no time off) until may. Then found out that disney isn't going any 7 niters in May :( So gotta cancel the march 7 nt & think of something else. I know another option is doing the 4 nt wonder but 4 nts on a cruise(after having paid all that on airfare & travel to port canaveral), 4 nts just isn't enough. If the cruise happens to be out of disneyworld we'd combine a few days there regardless but we are still hoping for a 7 nt cruise & unfortunately disney doesn't work out since they don't have any 7 nts in May. Bummer! I know they have 5 nt sailings but the prices are outrageous & keywest being one of the extra stops isn't appealing.

So other option I was thinking of was maybe doing the new carnival ship Dream, or perhaps freedom of the seas(RC). Please tell me I'm wrong in my stigma of Carnival not being family friendly. We've done the mariner on RC before & it was good, but didn't find it great(for kids). Maybe freedom will be different, any advice appreciated :D DD will be 4 years old next May so hopefully she'll be more open to the kids clubs next time around.

Carnival is very "family friendly"--it's not the party ship that it's been billed as! both RCI and Carnival have great kid's clubs---it's just up to your child whether she wants to go!

Any of the 3-4 nighters will have more than a fair share of "partiers" on either line...folks will try and fit 7 nights worth of fun into the short time they have. Weeklong cruises don't tend to have that, so that would be a better option!

The RCCL Freedom class (Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Independence of the Seas) is VERY family friendly. They each have the H20 zone. My kids prefer these ships, even over Disney Wonder/Magic.

Carnival Dream is a nice ship too.

You can't go wrong with either one.

We are sailing Carnival Dream. The price and itinerary works for us. :)

I think the RCCL ships are very pretty. Will try one of those with the kids in a few years when they can do more of the stuff onboard (rock wall, etc).

RCCL Oasis looks great but huge.

Having sailed Carnival with kids before I can tell you from our experience it was very family friendly.

My kids love Camp Carnival. I think it is a great family vacation - but realize it is not Disney. The shows are vegas style or comedians or jugglers - you never know quite what it will be as it varies. There are no fireworks etc. From many reviews I have read, many people say that the food is better on CCL.

The Dream looks to be a fabulous ship...I say give her a try.

Archived