Uppercase and Lowercase Lettering-Last Name

On the on-line site for RCL, I was updating my cruise information and noticed that my last name was spelled correctly but only the First Character was uppercased. In my case, another digit is capitalized. For example instead of McGregor, its shown as Mcgregor.

With all hub-bub surrounding passport names matching with the seapass, I thought I would get that corrected. I booked through a TA and they checked and were told that RCL only Capitalizes the first character of the last name. I thought that was odd so I also called RCL and was basically told the same thing.

In our bookings with Disney and Celebrity, our last name was caplitalized correctly so I would not think it was a cruising standard.

I'm thinking everything should be ok as the name on my passport is in all capital lettering anyway. Is this just an odd quirk with RCL?:confused:

Thanks

We're in the same boat. DeP... In our case it usually appears as De P...with a space between the "e" and "P". It gets tricky sometimes when I'm trying to pull up the on line check in because if I don't put the "space" between the letters it tells me there is no reservation. And sometimes they do it all as yours was Dep....

Anyway, in answer to your question we have never had a problem with the names as they relate to passports.

Well the capital letters are bad enough our name has O'R.

We went to Disney and tried to use airline check in at the hotel and the airline let you use the apostrophe and Dsney didn't I could see our names on the list but because they didn't match we ended checking in at the airport

Now I sign up for trips without the cap or apostrophe and my husband almost has a breakdown for the damage I am doing to his fine Irish name :rolleyes:

Ellen

Archived