Fascinated with last-minute deals...anyone else

Agocruisin

I find myself checking rates for cruises I will not be going on just to see how the rates for current cruises are evolving. I know, pathetic. I saw this ridiculous price for a 4-day imagination this week, and I keep hoping it will get lower again this summer, although I think that is unlikely.

Anyone else love checking these fares???:p

Absolutely! Almost on a daily basis. Especially to keep tabs on the cruise we're currently booked on to see if the price drops below what we paid for it. It's a little addiction I have. I couldn't possibly afford to go on another one before the currently booked one in Sept but I'll forever be looking! I'm also trying to figure out which one to book for 2010.

That's the only way I go...I've seen fares drop more than half at times doing this. I understand they are sometimes just as good or cheaper and you can get better cabins when you reserve a year or more in advance, but I couldn't imagine doing such a thing. Too many stupid rules in place should something come up, or a hurricane comes up, or even a major crisis like someone gets the flu and your warm cruise suddenly becomes a frigid one that I don't want to be on the hook for.

I torture myself with seeing the two western conquest cruises before mine have gone way down. Mine has barely budged, so I guess its selling well. Drives me crazy when I see a cruise 2 weeks before mine dropping and not mine.

I planned my June cruise too far in advance, and the prices have dropped. From now on, I will always be looking for last minute deals. I have learned my lesson. Oh well....have to learn something new every day, right?!:)

I find myself checking rates for cruises I will not be going on just to see how the rates for current cruises are evolving. I know, pathetic. I saw this ridiculous price for a 4-day imagination this week, and I keep hoping it will get lower again this summer, although I think that is unlikely.

Anyone else love checking these fares???:p

The real trick is to figure out how to STOP looking after you book a last minute trip inside the final payment window! Booking last minute fares is not for the faint of heart... you have to have a target, watch the prices, and gamble a little!

I book 3-5 days before the cruise, out of necessity. When I find that window where I can get away for a week, I make a selection, contact my cruise agencies to e-mail me quotes, usually get fantastic pricing (only once "locked out" of a ship) and frequently upgraded. AND I'M GONE ! ! :D

Archived