another Splendor (NOT)

doittoit

"A cruise is what you make it" . . . love that one, Trock . . . so damn typical of anyone criticizing the OP. :)

1500 passengers on the Titanic just didn't have the right attitude ! ! :D

Just for fun...let me ask....What is in Astoria, Oregon that I would want to take a cruise to see?

There must be something....scenery....national treasures....I truly do not know, so if someone wouldn't mind.......

However, no matter what is there, I doubt I want to go at this time of the year.

Thanks.

It's where they filmed "Kindergarten Cop". You know, "boys have a... and girls have a ..." ?

From imdb.com:

Filming locations for

Kindergarten Cop (1990) More at IMDbPro »

Astoria, Oregon, USA

But, with a screen name like mine, I have to say sometimes a movie is just a movie:rolleyes:

Just got off the Splendor, No Mexico, No problem, cruise. 5-31-2009. That is I finally got off! I was ready to get off Tuesday, Kept asking how far it would be to swim, and I wasn't the only ones asking. Anyway. We where with friends that are VIP, so getting on was good. that's where it went down hill from there. Rooms, OK. Had balcony, OK. Weather was mostly to bad to use, Even snowed a bit in Astoria, Oregon. Most of the food wasn't that good. the best was the Deli. Breakfast buffet was so so, except the omelets, very good. Dining room was pretty good, so was service. Last 2 CCL time I had to buss tables to sit down for any eating times. This was not the case, Employees must have had a talking too, only one that had a bad attitude.

Ships decor was terrible! colors and details where dime store cheap. looks like they used left over from the dump. Nothing matched, and it was PINK. TV sucked, that's all I can say. Entertainment was what I saw a few years ago. same shows even same songs. And I was on another ship!

Getting off terrible, gangway broke, after an hour they manually moved it to the ship, and just let people off that where in line, 4 guys still scratching there head wondering what was wrong as we finally got off. they never called #'s we where #1 due to our VIP status. We just got in line with the other tired animals, than we had to contend with the parking Zoo and the zoo attendants there. Was never so glad to get away from that place. Oh did I mentioned the unruly kids, not to many but but enough and our cruise mates (they are VIP's) complained about them running in the hall and over people. and CCL never did anything about it. I guess the old saying you get what you pay for. We went due to the price and a last minute calling. Gonna have to think very hard to cruise CCL again. :(

Huh, you did mention anything about the cruise and why it was supposedly so awful. LOL another bunch of lies

"A cruise is what you make it" . . . love that one, Trock . . . so damn typical of anyone criticizing the OP. :)

Yea, I hear the TV sucked on that cruise too. :rolleyes:

Just for fun...let me ask....What is in Astoria, Oregon that I would want to take a cruise to see?

There must be something....scenery....national treasures....I truly do not know, so if someone wouldn't mind.......

However, no matter what is there, I doubt I want to go at this time of the year.

Thanks.

Well, it's not my type of destination, but then again neither is Alaska until I tire of the warmth.

But what's there? Pig and Pancake, Starbucks.....um......That's about it. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it's a quaint little town with a lot of history and natural beauty. Oldest settlement west of the Rockies. Very near where Lewis and Clark ended their Journey. (Fort Clatsop) Plus you get to sail up the mouth of the Columbia river. Also, it's the only place in the contiguous United States that has been under attack during wartime since 1812. (Fort Stevens.)

Main thing is, the people are very warm and hospitable and no one is trying to sell you trinkets. Plus the OP booked this trip, not the Mexican Riveria (Unless I read the post wrong) so they got what they booked.

We loved this cruise!! And we did not see any snow in Oregon it rained but did not see the snow.

And yes there were alot of kids on board, but thought most behaved well. Did not have any problems with kids running the halls.

The food and service in the dining room were great! We did have small problem with our waitress but not a biggie. We loved the Maitre'e he sings great!!

The food in the buffet was buffet food cannot expect much.

Our Cabin attendant was one of the best we have ever had!!

Thought the ship was very clean, never seen the crew clean as much as i have on this cruise. They wiped everything down all the time.

The bar waiters and bartenders were very friendly and kind.

We loved this cruise!!

Had a great time, did not care for the chilly weather but thats not carnival's fault.

Loved the layout of the ship!!!

We were on this cruise also and agree with you.

One of the best crews we have run across.:)

Thanks.:D

Silly guests.. what's a little cold water :p

Now we'd like to disect you, Carnival Platinum Cruiser. You clearly want us to know you are a platinum member, which means you are VIP too, and want us ALL to know that.

We have no problems with venting on here, if it makes sense. You can vent if something bothers you and post it all you want. But in the same respect, we can post a response back to the poster saying whatever our little hearts desire.

Clearly in this instance there is no reason for the complaining, other than the person's attitude itself. Just look at the signature! Complaining for the sake of hearing your own voice, or in this case, reading your own words is completely pointless and a waste of time. However, we on this forum choose to waste that time reading the posts and responding.

Call us what you may, but I love that fact that CCL has so many cheerleaders, it just goes to show their following is a large one. And people like the OP wouldn't be happy with any cruise line, no matter how expensive or catering to their taste.

Now people, put your vacation hats on, you're on vacation, not in jail! Jeeze.

"no problem with venting if it makes sense". Boy that pretty much says it all. Is a negative carnival review or some post that does not make sense to you going to affect your attitude towards carnival? If not than why trash someone elses opinion and experience whether you think it makes sense or not?

We personally enjoy carnival but realize it is not for everyone and again is not perfect. As far as my signature name here here I could care less what you think of it. It is just that a name PERIOD no agenda or strings attached.

Again put away the pom poms there will always be positive and negative reviews here and there is not a thing that will change that.

Yeah, you've obviously never cruised with my family. I'd rather deal with my co-workers sometimes ...

I could introduce you to some coworkers if you want to learn to appreciate your family again....

A bad day on a cruise is STILL better than a GREAT day at the office....
My office is in my home. I have a dedicated study in the house, beautiful furniture, super-high speed connection to the Web, a wonderful garden and deck to work on in the morning before it gets too hot. I work with great people all over the world. I get to travel occassionally to parts of the US I have not seen before. Frankly, a bad day on a cruise is probably on a par with a good day in the 'office' for me or something like that ;). But that's just me. My opinion and my feelings about it. And that's the point right? If the OP feels the way they do then let them. Perfectly okay to ask questions of them as they posted in a public forum but the sarcasm and backlash is just immature.

My office is in my home. I have a dedicated study in the house, beautiful furniture, super-high speed connection to the Web, a wonderful garden and deck to work on in the morning before it gets too hot. I work with great people all over the world. I get to travel occassionally to parts of the US I have not seen before. Frankly, a bad day on a cruise is probably on a par with a good day in the 'office' for me or something like that ;). But that's just me. My opinion and my feelings about it. And that's the point right? If the OP feels the way they do then let them. Perfectly okay to ask questions of them as they posted in a public forum but the sarcasm and backlash is just immature.

Well said.. I like my job too.. and would rather be at work getting paid than waste my vacation and my $$ on a bad cruise...

:)

We were on this same cruise. Booked it 10 days out because of the itinerary and the great price. It rained in Astoria, prior to docking. No snow. We were late docking in Victoria because of the wind and currents, but safety first! It was cool in all ports, but to be expected.

I have to wonder if the OP was the same couple we met while in a mall in Vancouver who were going on and on because they finally found a McDonald's and could get a decent meal because all the food on the ship "sucked". Sigh.

Is the ship covered in pink zebra/tiger stripped circles? Yes. Did that ruin our trip? Nope. The staff was great. The food choices were the most diverse of any ship we have been on. The ship was immaculate. It's amazing that you can be on a ship with over 4,500 total people (staff and guests) and you could still find many places that were quiet and totally uncrowded. We were off the ship and in our car by 8:15 AM, which is pretty great since the docs say we were not even set to dock until 9.

We have been on 9 Carnival cruises. After our platinum in Nov, we will venture out to Princess and look forward to it. But we are also looking forward to the Splendor again in Nov.

Is the ship covered in pink zebra/tiger stripped circles? Yes. Did that ruin our trip? Nope.

LOL :D

You know...My first cruise was the elation, and to tell the truth, I cannot remember one thing about the decor. The only reason I even considered the decor on the Splendor was because of all the pink buzz about it all over the 'net. That is the last thing I care about on the cruise. It's still amazing to me that I continue to read that pink zebra circles ruined their cruise.:rolleyes: What is really amazing is that OP says it looked "cheap". I remember sitting in a booth at the Lido Buffet and seeing the hundreds of iridescent tiles and thinking how expensive the details looked.

Well said.. I like my job too.. and would rather be at work getting paid than waste my vacation and my $$ on a bad cruise...

:)

Agreed...it really bothers me when people say a bad day on a cruise is better than the best day at work.

Archived