Dining on splendour of the seas

New to RCL. I have only cruised on NCL.

My wife and I like to choose to eat when we are hungry and most often on our own.

Sorry if repeated questions but

Can we have a table for two or do we have to share tables?

What other dining options are there that are more informal.

The itinary looks great and we do like quality service but do like to be more informal most of the time

New to RCL. I have only cruised on NCL.

My wife and I like to choose to eat when we are hungry and most often on our own.

Sorry if repeated questions but

Can we have a table for two or do we have to share tables?

Yes there are tables that seat two in the King and I formal Dining room. There was casual attire but no shorts or sleeveless shirts allowed but not too stuffy.Great room that has two levels with walls of glass to overlook the Med. We found the food always hot and inviting.

What other dining options are there that are more informal.

The Windjammer is opened for all meals and is informal and come when you wish.Located on the front of the ship on the 10th level it always gives you a wonderful view of the ports and Adriatic. Also they have a couple BBQ's on the pool area. Food again was always freash and a great selection.

The itinary looks great and we do like quality service but do like to be more informal most of the time

We found the service exceptional. The crew was always top shelf and friendly. From the servers to the room attendants they could not do enough for you. There is a more relaxed atmosphere probably because of the port intensive itinery. She is a wonderful ship in top shape and we plan to cruise in the future again. Wishing you a wonderful cruise.:D

P.S. We find RCL so superior to NCL in their service it is no comparision.

Sharing a table is fairly "informal"! Don't get too upset if you do have to "share" once in awhile! Everyone onboard is there for the same reason you are...to relax, have fun, decompress...whatever. Talk to others!

They do have tables for 2, but if you look closely, you'll see that those poor folk aren't having as much fun as everyone else! Even the waiters get in on the fun, and will give great service, if they are happy! There's so many opportunities to "be alone" with your partner....talk to a friendly stranger once in awhile---you may actually have a good conversation and a bit of fun!

When you board go to the dining room and check your table assignment. If you don't have a table for two ask at that time. I totally disagree about not having fun at a table for two. We have always found the service to be superior to larger tables and found the companionship exceptional. Although we are very social and outgoing, we generally cruise for the romantic experience. If you want to dine with the person you love and not others a table for two is perfect. Large tables can be enjoyable IF there is a good mix...which is not always the case. When we travel with a group of friends, yes, the large table for us is great fun. The worse table is a table for 8 or 10 when only 4 show up.

The Splendour of the Seas is an excellent ship with an awesome crew. We found the dining room food and service to be the best we've experienced in the fleet.

Archived