The World's Longest and Most Picture Laden Miracle Review Ever! May 24-June 1

Nicole721

Part 7 is up! We experienced quite a bit of rain in Grand Turk, so I didn't get as many pictures because I didn't want my lens to get wet (there are still quite a bit, though). If you want a more thorough review, there's a Grand Turk tag on the bottom of the post. If you click on that, it should bring up my review of Grand Turk from January, which has much more pictures of the area and Margaritaville.

Part 7: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/06/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-7.html

Part 6: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/06/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-6.html

Part 5: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/06/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-5.html

Part 4: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/06/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-4.html

Part 3: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/06/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-3.html

Part 2: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/06/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-2.html

Part 1: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/06/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-1.html

I just wanted to thank everyone again for the kind words and comments and feedback. It makes it so much easier to write and gives me so much more motivation to do it knowing that everyone is reading it and finding it helpful and enjoying it :)

I just finished reading part 7 and can't wait for you to post the rest of the review. :D Good thing I just found this thread so I was able to read your entire blog today.

Edited by reese52

I've been lurking around here (about a week now) since my DH suggested that we go on our first cruise later this year (hopefully in October). I thought it would be a great way to gather tips from past cruiser and to read about reviews.

All I have to say is WOW! What a great review, so far. So detailed that it makes me feel like I was on the cruise with you. Thanks for taking the time to blog about your vacations. I had to break my "lurking" status as this is my first post on the boards.

I noticed that you were on the Glory last May and would like to know how you liked it? That is the ship that we are looking to book this October for a Western Caribbean cruise. We heard such great things about Cozumel.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You can find all kinds of reviews for the ships on here and they are a huge help. This link should take you to one that I read before our Glory trip a couple of years ago. It is one that PaulMedik did of the Western Carib aboard the Glory.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=540296&highlight=glory

As an aside, I visited Savannah last week for the first time, and I must say, it was lovely.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You can find all kinds of reviews for the ships on here and they are a huge help. This link should take you to one that I read before our Glory trip a couple of years ago. It is one that PaulMedik did of the Western Carib aboard the Glory.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=540296&highlight=glory

As an aside, I visited Savannah last week for the first time, and I must say, it was lovely.

Thanks for the link. I've read a couple of reviews about Glory, but haven't seen this one.

Glad you enjoyed Savannah. If you ever plan on visiting again, spring time is really beautiful. The azaleas are in full bloom and it is great weather to walk around downtown (not so hot and humid yet).

I just finished reading part 7 and can't wait for you to post the rest of the review. :D Good thing I just found this thread so I was able to read your entire blog today.

Thanks! :)

Nicole, just finished part 7. Very informative, as I will be on this cruise next May out of NY. Can't wait to hear about HMC. Hi to Steph. Sharon

Thanks again, Sharon, for your kind words! You'll love your cruise!

Sigh.....

Really enjoying your review. Especially since the last time you were on the Miracle, we were on it with you.:(

That really was a great trip, wasn't it? One of my favorite voyages we've ever been on!

Loved part 7. :D

Thanks, DMan!

I love your reviews....ESPECIALLY the food part! I'm going to have to go on a diet before my wedding to make up for all of the food I'm planning on eating! :D

It is the way to go. I lost what I thought I'd gain on a cruise before we left (actually only gained half of it), but I lost everything I'd gained within a few days of being home.

Thanks for reading :)

Love all the pics! I always take pictures of the food too!

Thanks!!!

Great review! The more details the better. I've never been to NYC and you review makes me really want to go now!!

It was interesting going to NYC. Being from Chicago, I found it wasn't all that different in any large ways, but very different in the small ways. I still prefer Sweet Home, Chicago though :)

Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)

THank you so much for sharing your trip with us. I feel like I know you and the family. THis will be our first cruise and you are making my heart skip and mouth water. I cannot wait. I appreciate all of your hard work that you put into this review and I love your shoes...LOL. I am a shoe girl. I would read all of your reviews.. MORE MORE.

THank you so much for sharing your trip with us. I feel like I know you and the family. THis will be our first cruise and you are making my heart skip and mouth water. I cannot wait. I appreciate all of your hard work that you put into this review and I love your shoes...LOL. I am a shoe girl. I would read all of your reviews.. MORE MORE.

Haha I knew someone would appreciate my shoes ;)

Thanks for reading and commenting :)

Nicole: What a treat!! I was so busy the other day I never got the chance to log on to the computer. So last night when I finally found the time I logged on to read part 7 and lo and behold, there was also part 8!!!

I am having a really stressful week and your reviews have been a welcome treat. Nice to lose myself on Miracle and in your writing. Keep going. You're doing really great!!! Carnival should hire you to write their literature. Sales would really boost!!

Nicole,

I can't tell you how much I look forward to each installment.

Care to share any information on the "secret deck?"

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I believe the apparently not so secret deck is deck 9 forward. Not hard to find at all...just walk forward on the Lido and you'll come to a small area that looks over the staff area :)

Nicole: What a treat!! I was so busy the other day I never got the chance to log on to the computer. So last night when I finally found the time I logged on to read part 7 and lo and behold, there was also part 8!!!

I am having a really stressful week and your reviews have been a welcome treat. Nice to lose myself on Miracle and in your writing. Keep going. You're doing really great!!! Carnival should hire you to write their literature. Sales would really boost!!

Awww, thanks!

One of my life's goals is to have an article published in Porthole or Currents. Who knows. Maybe one day :)

Thanks for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review. I read your last Miracle review as well. Because of all your well-balanced and positive comments, we booked our first Carnival cruise ever on the Miracle, sailing next January. You talked us into it! :D One question, you did not mention the room temperature in your cabin this trip (at least not thus far). Was it okay? In your January review you mentioned several times how hot your cabin was. Just wondering if it was better this time. Thank you.

Nicole,

I have enjoyed your blog so very much. You are a very talented writer. I look forward to each installment and I can hardly wait until you go on a trip again just to read your blog.

Sorry to go off topic but I would love to know your top suggestions on restaurants in Chicago. My sisters and I love visiting Chicago (we go twice a year) for shopping and enjoying all the fine restaurants in Chicago. I would love to know what are your top recommendations on restaurants in Chicago.

Again, Thank you for the wonderful blogs. I enjoy them thoroughly. :)