Which Cruise Line/Ship

CraftyDD

OK - we are undecided and need to make a quick decision. Taking 2nd Alaska cruise and want to know what ship is better as far as style, activities, fun. Royal Caribbean - Radiance of the Sea or Celebrity - Millemium? Help

OK - we are undecided and need to make a quick decision. Taking 2nd Alaska cruise and want to know what ship is better as far as style, activities, fun. Royal Caribbean - Radiance of the Sea or Celebrity - Millemium? Help

If it was me, I would choose RCI over Celebrity - have had a few minor issues lately with Celebrity - be careful too - when Celebrity states a 3-berth cabin and there's no upper berth, they tend to sell a typical 2-berth cabin with a silly fold-out chair (no, not a couch, an actual overstuffed chair that is totally unfit for an adult and leaves no extra room in the cabin - we learned the hard way and will never take this type of arrangement again) - it's misleading to those who've never cruised before. Those 2-berth cabins should be kept to 2 max - not 3 people. I haven't checked but I think the Radiance might be a newer ship. Maybe Mille went in for some recent TLC - not sure so that's my pick - RCI for sure!

The Radience and Mille are about the same age. For us, who are Diamond members on RCI and Elite on Celebrity, I'd take Celebrity over RCI any day. We cruises RCI years ago when it was a very nice line, but now, we feel that line has changed for the worse over the past three years. We feel the food and service on Celebrity far exceeds that of RCI. The Mille hasn't had engine problems for a number of years now.

Everyone's idea of what is best fun, style and activities is likely different depending on age, demographics, interest. A more specific question about what you are looking for will help more then each of us coming with a recommendation of what we like with perhaps no explanation :D

Archived