Enchantment photos ... including aft JS 7154 shots

betsycam71

Here are some of my photos from last week's cruise on Enchantment. I have two separate albums so far. One is primarily of the cabin and aft balcony (junior suite 7154), and the other has miscellaneous shots from our cruise.

Will be writing a full review shortly!

http://community.webshots.com/album/231690102KNcdwP

http://community.webshots.com/album/215397316goBjGz

ENJOY....

Betsy,

Thanks for your information (I also enjoyed your review). I was especially interested in the pictures of your cabin. I am booked in Cabin 7156 in September-going to New England. My TA told me the cabin was a D1-not a Jr. Suite. I called Crown and Anchor and was told the same thing. I wonder if the aft cabins will be reconfigured when they "stretch" the ship in the spring. Does anyone have any information about this? It will be my first aft cabin and I will be happy with whatever we have. I was just looking forward to having a bathtub instead of the small shower. ;-)

Betsy,

Thanks for your information (I also enjoyed your review). I was especially interested in the pictures of your cabin. I am booked in Cabin 7156 in September-going to New England. My TA told me the cabin was a D1-not a Jr. Suite. I called Crown and Anchor and was told the same thing. I wonder if the aft cabins will be reconfigured when they "stretch" the ship in the spring. Does anyone have any information about this? It will be my first aft cabin and I will be happy with whatever we have. I was just looking forward to having a bathtub instead of the small shower. ;-)

Make sure the cabin numbers don't change. That may be why you are finding it a D1. They will be adding rooms, so that may change cabin room number assignments when complete. Did that make sense?

I did ask about the possibility of the room numbers being changed. But I've been assured that I have definitely booked an aft cabin. I guess we won't really know for sure until we see the new deck plans. Is it still called an "aft" cabin if it is moved to the side of the ship? LOL

• 1 month later...
Betsy,

Hi LoraMike,

You may have already seen the new deck plans for Enchantment after the stretch. If not, you probably want to take a look at them on the Royal Caribbean website. Your TA and C&A are correct, after the stretch 7156 will be a D1 room. It will not be an aft cabin. It's on the port side of the ship very close to the back. I hate to tell you, but I'd rather you know prior to getting on board. :(

elleluv

• 2 weeks later...
I did ask about the possibility of the room numbers being changed. But I've been assured that I have definitely booked an aft cabin.
Don't be so sure. I was guaranteed in November that the room I booked (8096) was an aft. Discovered last night by looking at the new layout that it was portside midship. Got on the phone this morning and (after much coaxing) had them change it to 8172, right next to the one I (thought I) booked in November. Good luck!

Holy Moly that balcony is huge! We'll be in 8080 which is an aft jr suite so I'm wondering if our balcony will be similar. You could have quite a party on that puppy!!!

Very nice pictures! You both look so good together!

Glad you liked the pictures. We had a really fun time. Loved the cabin and would definitely try booking a cabin at the very back again - the view was awesome.

When I read your message, I thought - yeah, 8080 should have a balcony like ours if not bigger. But for some reason, I can't find it on the old deckplans online (prior to the stretching) and I've checked several sites including RCCL's. Maybe it's right in front of me, but I don't see it. For the aft jr suites, I see 8086, 8088, 8588, and 8586. I also checked the travel agent guide that I bought on ebay, and it doesn't show 8080. So I'm hoping that you really meant one of the others. I would definitely check on this. :-)

Hope you have a great cruise!

Glad you liked the pictures. We had a really fun time. Loved the cabin and would definitely try booking a cabin at the very back again - the view was awesome.

When I read your message, I thought - yeah, 8080 should have a balcony like ours if not bigger. But for some reason, I can't find it on the old deckplans online (prior to the stretching) and I've checked several sites including RCCL's. Maybe it's right in front of me, but I don't see it. For the aft jr suites, I see 8086, 8088, 8588, and 8586. I also checked the travel agent guide that I bought on ebay, and it doesn't show 8080. So I'm hoping that you really meant one of the others. I would definitely check on this. :-)

Hope you have a great cruise!

YOu're right! Thanks for pointing that out. We're in 8088. I can't find the plans for the ship before it gets lengthened but I think it's one of the afts in the middle, not a corner aft. Maybe that will be the difference. I'll soon find out!!!! I'll be sure to take tons of pictures =0)

Don't be so sure. I was guaranteed in November that the room I booked (8096) was an aft. Discovered last night by looking at the new layout that it was portside midship. Got on the phone this morning and (after much coaxing) had them change it to 8172, right next to the one I (thought I) booked in November. Good luck!

We are actually booked in the same room on Enchantment in Jan '06. Would love to hear what you think of it when you get back. Have a great time!

We're in 8088. I can't find the plans for the ship before it gets lengthened but I think it's one of the afts in the middle, not a corner aft.
Yup, just check any of the other Vision Class layouts. 8088 is what will be the new 8172. The first attachment is the old numbers, the second is the new.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the photos of the JS. Wow I am amazed how big that balcony is!! and all the space in that suite!! I am glad I upgraded to this suite for $100 each!!

I have a question. Right now we are booked on Enchantment of the Seas in room 8590. Is this a good location? This looks like mid-ship? I also saw they also have avail 8586 (I believe its a couple of doors down). Wondering if I should switch or leave my room alone!!

Thanks

Minybear

We were in D1 balcony rooms 8568 and 8574 last week and found the location to be wonderful. In either 8590 or 8586, you will be just aft of where we were. You will be a short distance from the Centrum for easy elevator or stair access to anywhere on the ship, midships. A short walk forward will take you to the forward stairs, which will take you one deck up to the pool deck and the Windjammer buffet.

We were in the new section of the ship, you'll be just aft of the new section, I'm pretty sure.

Couldn't be a nicer location. The only thing we noticed about being on deck 8 below the pool deck was that the staff moved the pool chairs around in the late afternoon and you would hear some noise from the chairs being moved around. I wouldn't call it a negative at all, though.

We were in D1 balcony rooms 8568 and 8574 last week and found the location to be wonderful. In either 8590 or 8586, you will be just aft of where we were. You will be a short distance from the Centrum for easy elevator or stair access to anywhere on the ship, midships. A short walk forward will take you to the forward stairs, which will take you one deck up to the pool deck and the Windjammer buffet.

We were in the new section of the ship, you'll be just aft of the new section, I'm pretty sure.

Couldn't be a nicer location. The only thing we noticed about being on deck 8 below the pool deck was that the staff moved the pool chairs around in the late afternoon and you would hear some noise from the chairs being moved around. I wouldn't call it a negative at all, though.

Thanks. I was thinking about keeping my room 8590 due to its closer to the stairs/elevator then the other room. I dont think the chairs being moved around will destract from a great vacation. I am still amazed on that balcony!!!

Archived