Enchantment photos ... including aft JS 7154 shots

betsycam71

that's what we have for spring 06!

couple of Qs

Noise from the entertainment below - how bad

also the corner aft is available - is that better? perhaps a bit of a wrap around?

Well, at night from about 11PM until say 2AM (if I recall) we DID notice a lot of bass - it thumped quite a bit to the music while we were lying in bed. You couldn't hear the actual music, just the bass. I could see where it might bother some people, but it didn't bother us too much. My husband fell asleep and didn't notice at all - of course, he wouldn't notice if the back of the ship caved in until he was falling into the water! :-)

I would grab the corner aft if I could. Before our cruise, I kept trying to see if one was available, but they were sold out. I don't think it has a wrap around, but I do recall seeing photos and you would have a little more privacy on the one side. For the most part, the back of the ship is extremely quiet and relaxing. I did notice that passengers on deck 8 could see down onto our balcony, but only if I were standing at the balcony.

I would definitely try to get another JS or similar cabin at the very back. It was wonderful!

Hope you have a wonderful time!

Thanks. I was thinking about keeping my room 8590 due to its closer to the stairs/elevator then the other room. I dont think the chairs being moved around will destract from a great vacation. I am still amazed on that balcony!!!

Now I hope you realize - the balcony in my photos is much bigger/deeper than the regular JS ones (like 8590). I just want you to be prepared for a smaller one.

I believe the cabin size in a regular JS (not aft) is a little bigger than ours was. Perhaps a little longer?

Honestly, I thought we would have a horrible walk all the way back to our aft cabin, but it wasn't that bad at all. We were surprised at the short distance from the elevators.

Now I hope you realize - the balcony in my photos is much bigger/deeper than the regular JS ones (like 8590). I just want you to be prepared for a smaller one.

I believe the cabin size in a regular JS (not aft) is a little bigger than ours was. Perhaps a little longer?

Honestly, I thought we would have a horrible walk all the way back to our aft cabin, but it wasn't that bad at all. We were surprised at the short distance from the elevators.

Thank you for the warning on the balcony, but on the positive side the balcony is bigger then the D1:) and the room itself is like a regular hotel room, not a small cruiseship room. So I am happy either way, but thanks for thinking of me!!:).

Also this kinda puzzles me. I have been taught that the best position of the ship is midship. Now come everyone is saying bet position is Aft? I thought when I booked 8590 that it looked to be midship and been advised its aft. Oh well. I am a little puzzled.

I think aft b/c the typically larger balconies and the great view of the wake; also almost 200 degree views, or at least 160.

But many say the middle is still better because calmer/more stable, and also closer to many locales.

I think aft b/c the typically larger balconies and the great view of the wake; also almost 200 degree views, or at least 160.

But many say the middle is still better because calmer/more stable, and also closer to many locales.

Thanks for the explaination. Now I understand.:)

Archived