Port of NY Parking

CarRex

In the past my DH has dropped me & our bags off at the terminal, and then gone to park the car in the lot. Is it possible to just go straight to the parking lot, and have a porter there to take our bags? Can we carry our own bags to the terminal and then give them to a porter?

In the past my DH has dropped me & our bags off at the terminal, and then gone to park the car in the lot. Is it possible to just go straight to the parking lot, and have a porter there to take our bags? Can we carry our own bags to the terminal and then give them to a porter?

Yes, that's just what I do. I have cruised out of NYC with my 60 plus mother and I won't leave her alone. We park the car and wheel our bags to a porter and then drop them off, never an issue. Then on with the cruise!

Thanks! I'm 60 plus and perfectly able to handle the bags, but it would be so much easier than being dropped off, and then trying to find each other.

We were on the Dawn last week. There is construction at the Pier right now, so it is actually easier to go directly to the parking lot. There was an attendant there either directing you into the parking lot, or to proceed a little further to drop your bags with the porter. Once we dropped off our bags, we turned around, drove to the entrance of the parking lot and the attendant directed us right into the lot. It was very easy and we didn't have to lug our bags over to the terminal and down three levels.

We have done that too. Drop off the checked bags then drive around and park and walk in together with just the carry on bags. That works best if you have more then one suitcase.

Is NYPD (or PAPD) still there with the sniffer dog. darn dog didn't want to get out of our car, he/she enjoyed sniffing the Beagle odor too much.

its a private contractor. The pier is operated by P&O America. They hire the handler and its required to allow the cars to park next to the ships.

Archived