UK passengers - last day in Miami question?

scottish

What are your experiences of Princess service after leaving the ship?

We have been informed that our April flight as arranged by Princess is not leaving Miami until nearly 9.00 pm. On our past cruises, Princess have sent us home on an afternoon flight without exception and we are concerned that we will be dumped at the airport quite early with just the lengthy flights to Edinburgh via Heathrow to look forward to.

Princess tell us that if we want to go earlier they will charge us £50 each.

Margaret,

Last Jan. on our return from Panama cruise Princess took us back to the same Hotel we had on the night before the cruise, where they provided a buffet lunch and room facilities if needed. We were about last to disembark and only arrived at the hotel in time for lunch, in the afternoon, if you wanted, the coach took us to a local shopping mall when we returned it was almost time to head for the airport. We didn't feel stressed but then we don't mind people watching at airports. John.;)

When we disembarked the Golden Princess in San Juan we were taken by coach to a resort where we spent the day. There was a beautiful swimming pool and a lovely beach and lunch was provided. It was a relaxing way to spend the day prior to being taken to the airport for our evening flight.

There was an article in our paper -Palm Beach Post - re: the British coming to the US enjoying the US$ being down and saving 50% on items purchased here.

If you need or wand certain things, I would go to a mall and shop for all the good stuff and forget the island trinkets.

MaryAnn

A few years ago we had an evening flight to London and Princess took us to a hotel in Miami for the day for buffet lunch and lazing around the pool. A room was provided for changing facilities etc - there was only a few from UK that time. It was fine and very relaxing before the long journey home.

We are on the Caribbean Princess next August and I assume they will do the same sort of thing. I think you can book a morning trip to the Everglades if you want and then they take you on to the airport. That is if you have booked through Princess in England - which is what I have done (we booked early good offer at the time). Check on the information for the tours if you want a trip first. Have a good holiday and good luck.

Gill

Thanks for all the replies. It really helps to have access to other folks' opinions and experiences.

Mall shopping in the afternoon would be fine by me if I knew Princess would be taking good care of our baggage. Alternatively if we are able to stay longer at the hotel after lunch, particularly if washing facilities were made available, this too sounds far better than just hanging around the airport.

Hadn't thought about doing the everglades but again, if our bags are secure this would be quite a good option to consider.

We are quite surprised at how indifferent Princess are to our flight preferences or potential discomfort even although we have booked the whole package with them. Made me wonder if there is merit in booking our air independently.

When we returned from the Panama Canal we did a tour to the

Everglades prior to boarding the plane and we really enjoyed it, especially as it was our first time in America and we had seen so little of it. Next year we will be flying to LA - does anyone know if there are any trips on the last day there?

Archived