Queen Victoria - Breakfast in cabin

PandCAV

We are cruising the Western Meditteranean QV in July

My wife and I love to have a leisurely breakfast in our cabin.

Last year we sailed with HAL on the Noordam and were able to have a full cooked breakfast with all the trimmings served at a time to suit us, at no extra charge.

Is this is possible on QV?

Does QV have a full breakfast in-cabin service?

This is our first Cunard cruise and I have seen various threads mentioning continental breakfast, and the Grills services, but no specific mention of Britannia breakfast options.

Many thanks,

Peter

Yes we've used it a couple of times. If the items you want aren't on the list just write them in yourself. But having said that I think there was something that wasn't available. Could it have been fried eggs:confused:Something to do with turning rubbery during the long walk from the galley?

Regards, Colin.

Thanks Colin - the eggs would be rock hard as our cabin is right down at the pointy bit and the kitchens I pressume are at the flat ugly part :)

The Eurodam and QV are about the same length and when I ordered Egg Benedict it was delivered to our cabin close to 'the pointy bit' hot and non-rubbery. I am sure Cunard can do as well. :)

When we were on the QV we checked items on the room service door hangar and also wrote down any additional items that we wanted and hoped for the best. Everything came, every time. This was in a Britannia grade cabin. We loved that beautiful ship!!

Hello Peter,

The basic answer to your question is "Yes, it does". A Breakfast Menu Card will be in your room, and you simply tick off the items that you require, and also tick the time that you wish to have it served. These times are in quarter-hour increments, and the service is usually very punctual.

Do not be afraid to request anything that is not listed, by simply writing it on the card. You can also add comments/preferences; for example if you have ticked "selection of tropical fruits" you can add a comment such as "No Figs Please".

If you write any preferences or comments on your card, it is much easier to use a separate card for yourself and your wife.

Congratulations on selecting QV for your first Cunard voyage. She is indeed a wonderful ship and I am sure that you and your wife will not be disappointed with your choice. Have a fantastic time.

Hope that the above helps,

Regards,

David

Thank you David for the helpful advice. I am really looking forward to QV. The service on Holland America was good but I have been given even higher expectations of Cunard.

Regards

Peter

Archived