Carnival lost my daughter from Camp Carnival

blondee007

452 responses to a TROLL'S JOKE, this "incident" NEVER HAPPENED! You are all answering a PHONY POST!

Do you really think it's a joke or just another internet seagull, swooping into to drop their crap and then take off again? Sorry, Dan, but trolls usually don't post crap like this. They're more in the way of "your line sucks" or "can I bring my blow-up doll with me?"

It's plain to see that this is one of those arguments that can not be resolved. Posters are firmly planted in two camps. 1) Parents wanting to protect their kids and 2) Parents who don't think anything will happen to their kids because they have prepared them on how to react to every possible situation they may come up against. Maybe it's time to let this thing die and hope that all turns out well for everyone who cruises with their kids. Oh and Good Luck. :)

It's plain to see that this is one of those arguments that can not be resolved. Posters are firmly planted in two camps. 1) Parents wanting to protect their kids and 2) Parents who don't think anything will happen to their kids because they have prepared them on how to react to every possible situation they may come up against. Maybe it's time to let this thing die and hope that all turns out well for everyone who cruises with their kids. Oh and Good Luck. :)

I think your take on the "two camps" is extraordinarily over-simplistic and incorrect. I want to protect my kids (who doesn't?) but I also feel that some independence, both at home and on a cruise, is a good, healthy, thing, and a learning experience. Nowhere have I said I don't think anything can/would ever happen to my kids - bad things happening is a fact of life. I simply don't think the risk of something bad happening to them on a cruise ship is sufficient enough to warrant not allowing them the bit of freedom we've decided to grant them.

Do you really think it's a joke or just another internet seagull, swooping into to drop their crap and then take off again? Sorry, Dan, but trolls usually don't post crap like this. They're more in the way of "your line sucks" or "can I bring my blow-up doll with me?"

Go back to post #1. Tell me what :D means at the end of the post.

Why post :D at the end of a serious post on a very serious subject.

Troll? Joke?

Don't know, unreal? Oh yes, VERY unreal!

I think your take on the "two camps" is extraordinarily over-simplistic and incorrect. I want to protect my kids (who doesn't?) but I also feel that some independence, both at home and on a cruise, is a good, healthy, thing, and a learning experience. Nowhere have I said I don't think anything can/would ever happen to my kids - bad things happening is a fact of life. I simply don't think the risk of something bad happening to them on a cruise ship is sufficient enough to warrant not allowing them the bit of freedom we've decided to grant them.

Rowan...Best of Luck to you and your Family. I don't disagree with your opinion, because it is your opinion. You parent how you feel it best serves your interests. I shall do the same. :)

Go back to post #1. Tell me what :D means at the end of the post.

Why post :D at the end of a serious post on a very serious subject.

Troll? Joke?

Don't know, unreal? Oh yes, VERY unreal!

When I originally read it, before all the brouhaha ensued, I thought the grin was in reference to their taking further action against Carnival. Now, I'm not sure. Either way, the discussion has been interesting.

If you really see this as a black and white issue you might be colorblind. :)

We want to protect our kids and we think part of that protection has to be insilling self sufficency as we know we can't be there for every possible situation they come against. And if you need any proof that parents can't anticipate every situation - just look at OP - they did the "safe" thing and bad things still happend.

Aparently, 27 pages is still not enough for you to comprehend our point of view. I'm a little irritated that you would characterize us this way as I've gone to great lengths to explain our thought process. You really think there are people on this thread who don't want to protect their kids? You really think we don't think something will happen? Tedjazz, WE KNOW somthing is going to happen and we're aware that the life experiences that don't seriously harm us can be opportunities for growth.

I think that's what's bugged me about OP in the first place. Instead of looking at this as an opportunity to teach their daughter how to handle a sitiation - they are teaching her to blame others. Nothing bad happend to this girl. Everyone got a "good scare" (double entandre' intended) and it should be used as a learning opportuity so that she makes better decisions next time. Stop trying to change the world and put your efforts into lving in it!

Dang straight Rowan. There is no "camp" of parents that don't want to protect their children!

If you really see this is a black and white issue you might be colorblind. :)

We want to protect our kids and we think part of that protection has to be insilling self sufficency as we know we can't be there for every possible situation they come against. And if you need any proof that parents can't anticipate every situation - just look at OP - they did the "safe" thing and bad things still happend.

Aparently, 27 pages is still not enough for you to comprehend our point of view. I'm a little irritated that you would characterize us this way as I've gone to great lengths to explain our thought process. You really think there are people on this thread who don't want to protect their kids? You really think we don't think something will happen? Tedjazz, WE KNOW somthing is going to happen and we're aware that the life experiences that don't seriously harm us can be opportunities for growth.

I think that's what's bugged me about OP in the first place. Instead of looking at this as an opportunity to teach their daughter how to handle a sitiation - they are teaching her to blame others. Nothing bad happend to this girl. Everyone got a "good scare" (double entandre' intended) and it should be used as a learning opportuity so that she makes better decisions next time. Stop trying to change the world and put your efforts into lving in it!

Wow, that's pretty deep and I can't say I disagree with your opinion, it's your opinion. It sounds like you have your kids prepared to handle lots of things that can happen. Good Job! I am not assuming from the OP's comments anything like you have assumed, but that's just me. Thanks for the advice and you and your family enjoy your cruising experiences.

In all fairness.......just because a 10 year old child had a 10 year old moment in no way proves she/he was not taught or prepared to handle if such situation arises........

Like others who have kids have posted.........we don't know how kids will react in a real situation no matter how much you try to prepare them.......

I do believe however this was a learning experience for both of them;)

When I originally read it, before all the brouhaha ensued, I thought the grin was in reference to their taking further action against Carnival. Now, I'm not sure. Either way, the discussion has been interesting.

I'm not. I'm a cynical witch. This is someone looking to litigate this case to get as much out of Carnival as they can. My opinion, of course.

In all fairness.......just because a 10 year old child had a 10 year old moment in no way proves she/he was not taught or prepared to handle if such situation arises........

Like others who have kids have posted.........we don't know how kids will react in a real situation no matter how much you try to prepare them.......

I do believe however this was a learning experience for both of them;)

I'm not trying to say the 10 year old should not have had a 10 year old moment or that there was anything OP could have done in advance to prevent this circumstance as nobody can see the future. But from the "good scare" at the end of what appeared to be a pretty good vacation, there is was an opportunity for development.

It does not appear that OP has looked at what they could have done differently as they are not taking any responsibility - "its all Carnivals fault and we're gonna sue :D."

So I don't think they learned nuth'n. The crying 10 year old will be a crying 11 year old - and I think thats too bad.

I'm not trying to say the 10 year old should not have had a 10 year old moment or that there was anything OP could have done in advance to prevent this circumstance as nobody can see the future. But from the fear and upset at the end of what appeared to be a pretty good vacation, there is was "a good scare."

It does not appear that OP has looked at what they could have done differently as they are not taking any responsibility - "its all Carnivals fault and we're gonna sue :D."

So I don't think they learned nuth'n.

You got that all from one post:confused: LMAO!!!!

gosh what a long thread.I am planning my first cruise next april with a 7 year old and 15 year old..My 15 year old is wise enough on a ship i would think..I wouldn't let my 7 year old sign in and out of the kids club on his own but i would go over rules etc if ever he was to go there..I would never leave my kids onboard while i went off ship but that's just me...each to their own really...it's our family holiday so we should be holidaying together..I can't imagine how you felt when your daughter was missing and i would be upset too...:)

. We talked to supervisor and they said oops, sorry that was wrong, they didn't follow protocol but nothing they could or would do. We have since taken more serious measures.

:D

Kurbanfan - What do you think the "more serious measures" phrase at the end of the post means? Maybe I am making an assumption here - but I don't think the "serious measures" involved talking to their daughter and saying "if you ever get kicked out of someplace, stay right by the front door so we can find you."

What did they expect the supervisor to say to them anyhow? Did they want their daughter to hold the errant consellor at sword point to make her walk the plank? :rolleyes:

Kurbanfan - What do you think the "more serious measures" phrase at the end of the post means? Maybe I am making an assumption here - but I don't think the "serious measures" involved talking to their daughter and saying "if you ever get kicked out of someplace, stay right by the front door so we can find you."

What did they expect the supervisor to say to them anyhow? Did they want their daughter to hold the errant consellor at sword point to make her walk the plank? :rolleyes:

I agree an assumption..........and nothing more.......

I don't think you are making an assumption...the legal intention was obvious to everyone who read the post....everyone but one person.

That is what I (and many others) got from the last line of the OP.

A "more serious measures" comment could mean many things that would not necessarily include a Lawsuit. It's always dangerous to "assume" you know what the OP meant by their statement, I guess it's just a lesson we learn from the world we live in.

A "more serious measures" comment could mean many things that would not necessarily include a Lawsuit. It's always dangerous to "assume" you know what the OP meant by their statement, I guess it's just a lesson we learn from the world we live in.

One life lesson I've learned is that if you wait till you have all of the information to make a decision (or form an opion) you end up not doing anything. This whole thread has been about keeping our kids safe while still letting them live. I expect our kids to walk away from situations that "feel" dangerous and not wait till it smacks them over the head. This often involves making assumptions and it does take practice to develop an intuation you can trust. Which is why w started our kids early. Hope this has been a good life lesson for you.;)

Archived