Carnival lost my daughter from Camp Carnival

blondee007

A "more serious measures" comment could mean many things that would not necessarily include a Lawsuit. It's always dangerous to "assume" you know what the OP meant by their statement, I guess it's just a lesson we learn from the world we live in.

But unless the OP comes back to clarify all we have are "assumptions".

I think any parent that has been anywhere that they can not locate their child lets panic set it. I have had my daughter where I couldn't find her and took about 10-15 minutes to locate her and trust me I was totally freaking out.

When she was on the last two cruises she went on she actually didn't care for the kids club and was rarely there, she preferred to have us with her at the pool, etc as well as she liked all the shows, etc. I remember one instance where she was at the pool and forgot her goggles and went back alone to the room to get them, she was gone for what seemed like forever. I couldn't decide whether to go look for her, thus causing her to panic when she couldn't find me or stay put. She did finally show up, she had actually decided to also stop at a bar to get a new soda since she had the soda card.

It isn't our place to determine if the 10 year old was old enough or not, she shouldn't have been asked to leave Camp Carnival without her parents being called, esp if she was sick or not feeling well. There should have been some sort of reprimand of the staff I would think whether she was old enough to sign herself out or not. Perhaps we have not been given all the details, etc. Ultimately her daughter was scared, yet unharmed, while a definate scare, I don't think it warrants more serious measures IMHO.

But unless the OP comes back to clarify all we have are "assumptions".

Probaly too busy pursing "the more serious measures."

Oh dang! I did it again. He could be mowing the grass, or have a life outside of cruise critic!

This no assumption thing is helping me out already. Thanks Ted!;)

Oh man - Just realized I assumed the OP's Gender. That's it! No more assumptions for me!

There should have been some sort of reprimand of the staff I would think whether she was old enough to sign herself out or not. .

Maybe there was a reprimand. I agree completely with what you are saying, but I've recently learned its dangerous to make assumptions like this and feel compelled to help others!!

Oh Dang! I just assumed you wanted help! Sorry! Sorry ! Sorry!

I really suck at this. I might have to go back to trusting my gut. :)

The op could have meant a number of things by "more serious measures"

The critical eye will take it to extremes;) I find it rather amazing how some know all about this op's parenting skills by one vague post:rolleyes:

I just hope some of you are not disappointed when your extremely well prepared 10 year old gets put in a real life situation and looses it and reverts back to his still growing 10 year old brain.........because by some of these postings some of you don't think this will happen;) JMHO....

Many, many assumptions here......

Is there anyone more harsh than a parent having their parenting theories put to the test? I have 2 teen boys 19 and 17. I "raised them to be independent" I would have let them sign themselves out. Unfortunately I think I would have trusted their judgement when they were 10 better than I do now. :o can I send them to camp carnival and revoke their sign out privilege when I take them on the Legend in Sept? My Daughter on the other hand is 11 I would NEVER let her sign herself out. Can those of you that are being harsh please get over your assumptions that you know how to parent other people's kids? They are all different as are the parents each with our own strengths and weaknesses. That poor child was scared. If an employee in Camp Carnival wasn't observant enough to see the childs discomfort and sent her out into the night in fear anyway, Then that employee should be disciplined at least or placed into a position more appropriate to their skill set. If you're responsible for kids you gotta be a little more tuned in. BTW I most certainly expect Carnival to take responsibility for my child when I hand her over, as I do the Elementary school and Daycare she attends. THEY wouldn't put her out on the street. She stays put until I or my designee arrive, they are responsible for her safety until I return end of story! Did I miss the part where the OP said if the child was authorized to sign out?

One life lesson I've learned is that if you wait till you have all of the information to make a decision (or form an opion) you end up not doing anything. This whole thread has been about keeping our kids safe while still letting them live. I expect our kids to walk away from situations that "feel" dangerous and not wait till it smacks them over the head. This often involves making assumptions and it does take practice to develop an intuation you can trust. Which is why w started our kids early. Hope this has been a good life lesson for you.;)

Making assumptions (intuitions) that would involve someones immediate safety and/or life is far different from reading into (making assumptions) about someone's post regarding "more serious measures". I have agreed with you that you and other posters (as you have reported) have prepared your kids for the many different kinds of situations that ultimately will keep them safe, hopefully. I truly hope that works out for you. Happy Cruisin' :)

The op stated that the child was forced to sign herself out.......

Supervisor said sorry they didn't follow protocol......

no you didn't miss anything.........

The OP said the child "felt confused and forced to sign out". Let's not make assumptions on what really happened this could have been the child felt like she had to sign out or that she was actually forced to sign out. Without the OP clarifying - we are left with assumptions and even with the OP clarifying we are left with only the 10 yo side of the story.

This whole thread has generated some lively discussion around the Safety of our Kids. It's hard to say anything on one side of the issue or the other without offending someone, so maybe we should just call a truce and parent how we think it best suits our agenda and be done with this discussion. I really don't see this thing going anywhere productive from here. JMHO :)

This whole thread has generated some lively discussion around the Safety of our Kids. It's hard to say anything on one side of the issue or the other without offending someone, so maybe we should just call a truce and parent how we think it best suits our agenda and be done with this discussion. I really don't see this thing going anywhere productive from here. JMHO :)

AMEN....let it rest in peace

The OP said the child "felt confused and forced to sign out". Let's not make assumptions on what really happened this could have been the child felt like she had to sign out or that she was actually forced to sign out. Without the OP clarifying - we are left with assumptions and even with the OP clarifying we are left with only the 10 yo side of the story.

Forced is forced no matter how you read it lol!:p

Making assumptions (intuitions) that would involve someones immediate safety and/or life is far different from reading into (making assumptions) about someone's post regarding "more serious measures". I have agreed with you that you and other posters (as you have reported) have prepared your kids for the many different kinds of situations that ultimately will keep them safe, hopefully. I truly hope that works out for you. Happy Cruisin' :)

Fair enough. I was wrong to assume you had me in "The people who don't think anything can happen to their kids" camp.

Hey... Wait a minute...You made a whole host of assumptions when you did that!

But I still like you. No blood, no foul. Kind of like OPs daughter.

Happy cruising. We all want the same thing. To raise decent, sucessful human beings and be able to enjoy doing it.

Unfortunately FORCED to sign out doesn't mean she had the authorization from her parents to do so. They can tell my daughter she can sign out but if I have told my child she can not then I don't expect them to override me.

The OP did state the proper protocol was not followed. Perhaps that meant she didn't have the OK to sign out.

Kurbanfan - What do you think the "more serious measures" phrase at the end of the post means? Maybe I am making an assumption here - but I don't think the "serious measures" involved talking to their daughter and saying "if you ever get kicked out of someplace, stay right by the front door so we can find you."

What did they expect the supervisor to say to them anyhow? Did they want their daughter to hold the errant consellor at sword point to make her walk the plank? :rolleyes:

Could mean filing a lawsuit, but could also mean trying to get the employee fired or disciplined, trying to change CC policy, trying to get compensation for a future cruise.

Forced is forced no matter how you read it lol!:p

Disagree. There is a huge difference between "feeling forced" and "being forced."

Host Mach can tell us to stop posting on this thread. Its not the same thing as forcing the situation by locking it out.

You got that all from one post:confused: LMAO!!!!
I was thinking the same thing...:confused:

Everybody has gotten quite a lot more from that post than I did. I just took it at face value.

Disagree. There is a huge difference between "feeling forced" and "being forced."

Host Mach can tell us to stop posting on this thread. Its not the same thing as forcing the situation by locking it out.

Oops. Should have read further before I posted.

Nealstuber, I thank you. You have articulately posted many of the things I have been thinking.

Nope forced means forced.........

Archived