Falmouth

I am not surprised that it will not be ready in time. I am happy with Costa Maya. (never been there) We are doing a B2B in Oct 2010 so it appears our itinerary will be affected.

I'm not thrilled with Costa Maya...it's a "created port", kind of fake. Everything there is created by the cuise companies...it's like a "DisneyWorld" Mexico...Oh well, the cruise is really the ship anyway...so I don't really care that much.

I'm not thrilled with Costa Maya...it's a "created port", kind of fake. Everything there is created by the cuise companies...it's like a "DisneyWorld" Mexico...Oh well, the cruise is really the ship anyway...so I don't really care that much.

Your soooooo right! :D

I just wanted to drop in to such how awesome it is that the itinerary is changed for some of you to Costa Maya.

To anyone that has not been to Costa Maya I have to say that it is one of my all time favorite destinations. I felt it was the most like what I had always pictured Mexico to be.

Go over to Majual (sp) for the day and lay on the beach in front of a little hut where they serve you drinks and fresh lobster. It can't get any closer to heavan than that. :D

It may be man made but every port is man made. The dock and the immediate area is man made but other than that you are basically dropped right into the heart of old world Mexico. Absolutely perfect!

As for Jamaica......I would never even get off the ship again in Jamaica so when I heard the itinerary change I was sooooooo excited for everyone on Oasis.

As for me I just booked the Mediterranean this morning so I guess Oasis will have to wait a couple of years.

Falmouth is a created port too. Probably more fake than Costa Maya.

I would not write off Costa Maya too fast...

We were in Costa Maya several years ago with Princess. Sure the place has been literally wiped off the face of the earth since then but I understand it has been rebuilt and is a very nice port. Contrived and touristy… yeah but tell me other ports in the Caribbean are not. Costa Maya does have some gorgeous beaches and Mexican and Mayan souvenirs abound.

All that said, we had one of the most interesting and enjoyable shore excursions we have experienced in the Caribbean. The Mayan Ruins site of Chacchoben is only a 40 minute ride from the pier and is well worth the trip! Excavation began only in 1994 and other than Chichen Itza; it has some of the best Mayan pyramids available for touring. This area was evidently a huge Maya settlement as there are roads, monuments and other interesting things to see. As we rode over to the main site, the guide explained that the area is teaming with pyramids that have not been excavated yet. The terrain is very flat (being a coastal plain) but you could clearly see numerous "mounds" of different sizes rising all along the road. Our guide explained that those were unexcavated pyramids whose true size is unknown at this time.

If you are a Mayan history buff or just want to see some very nicely excavated Mayan ruins, seriously, Costa Maya will be your place.

--------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

Previous Cruises

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2001

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

Something in 2009 - just have not decided yet

RCCL Oasis of the Seas - April 17, 2010

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day - 2011

I would not write off Costa Maya too fast...

We were in Costa Maya several years ago with Princess. Sure the place has been literally wiped off the face of the earth since then but I understand it has been rebuilt and is a very nice port. Contrived and touristy… yeah but tell me other ports in the Caribbean are not. Costa Maya does have some gorgeous beaches and Mexican and Mayan souvenirs abound.

All that said, we had one of the most interesting and enjoyable shore excursions we have experienced in the Caribbean. The Mayan Ruins site of Chacchoben is only a 40 minute ride from the pier and is well worth the trip! Excavation began only in 1994 and other than Chichen Itza; it has some of the best Mayan pyramids available for touring. This area was evidently a huge Maya settlement as there are roads, monuments and other interesting things to see. As we rode over to the main site, the guide explained that the area is teaming with pyramids that have not been excavated yet. The terrain is very flat (being a coastal plain) but you could clearly see numerous "mounds" of different sizes rising all along the road. Our guide explained that those were unexcavated pyramids whose true size is unknown at this time.

If you are a Mayan history buff or just want to see some very nicely excavated Mayan ruins, seriously, Costa Maya will be your place.

--------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

Previous Cruises

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2001

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

Something in 2009 - just have not decided yet

RCCL Oasis of the Seas - April 17, 2010

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day - 2011

Ron, I agree totally. Three years ago we had to divert to Costa Maya because of the hurracaine that hit Cozumel. We also went to Chacchoben and it was awesome. Larry

Archived