Booking a cruise via Princess website or Travel Agent?

swdke

Is there a reason to choose one over the other when considering booking a Princess cruise via either the Princess website, or through a travel agent. Which is better, does it matter?

We have always elected to work through a local travel agent so that if any problems, issues or questions arise, we have someone to provide quick answers or who could go to bat for us if the need arose. We have used the same TA for several years and are very confident in her abilities.

Is there a reason to choose one over the other when considering booking a Princess cruise via either the Princess website, or through a travel agent. Which is better, does it matter?

The one I always go by is "price" who ever offers the best price at the time you decide to book. I've always gone with a nice discount TA that always showed a better price then what I saw on the princess site. Later I've seen the princess site show the same price, but don't know what cabins were available then.

Happy planning

I'm sure there are times when booking direct with Princess makes sense (?) - but it's kind of like paying sticker price for a car.

I just booked a 14 day Alaska cruise for 2010. The Captain Circle price on the Princess site is almost $900 a person more than what we paid through our TA.

It pays to shop around!

Archived