ocho rios map, shopping guide, shore excursions (carnival)

falkcor

I thought it might be helpful to anybody researching and planning their next stop in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, to post the port map, shopping guide and full shore excursions list with prices to this board. These are for Carnival, but the shopping area surely is the same for any visitors, and similar excursions are available via other cruise lines or private operators.

I also posted a pretty comprehensive review of my experience in Ocho Rios (Dunns River Falls and Mystic Mountain) in my review. Here’s a link with the correct starting page for the Ocho Rios section:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=857024&page=3

It has been a while, granted, but to my knowledge - not much has changed in this regard. I’ll post the pics right after the jump. Hope this helps someone out! :D

Thanks Mark. (my son's name, too.) Question for you. I have a group going to Ocho Rios who want to do the Dunn's River, Bob Sled or Zip line adventure (but all don't want the same thing). Which CCL tour included the Mystic Mountain, Dunn's River with transportation? I think you mentioned you did it. I will go read your review now, too.

Thanks.

Nanatravel

Thanks Mark. (my son's name, too.) Question for you. I have a group going to Ocho Rios who want to do the Dunn's River, Bob Sled or Zip line adventure (but all don't want the same thing). Which CCL tour included the Mystic Mountain, Dunn's River with transportation? I think you mentioned you did it. I will go read your review now, too.

the excursions available featuring dunns river falls and activities at mystic mountain include:

sky explorer & dunns river falls @ 59.00pp

bobsled jamaica & dunns river falls @ 79.00pp

if i’m not mistaken, i think you have to book the zip lining separately

tranopy adventure @ 119.00pp

of course, the sky explorer is included in the bobsled and tranopy tours.

transportation is provided for all the excursions. any tour with dunns will start there. from dunns, you look for mystic mountain staff (wearing green shirts) in the parking lot and debark when there’s enough people on the bus. you do NOT necessarily have to get on the bus at any specific time, they run constantly like shuttles. same thing goes for buses leaving from mystic mountain – this allows you to spend as much or as little time at either, and not be bound by ‘the group’, which i liked.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I am having some kind of problem...I am looking at the excursions for my Sept Conquest cruise. The cost that I am looking at on Carnival pp for DRF and Exporer is $115. The excursion fro DRF and shopping(I don't want to shop) is $79 pp.

Where are you seeing the pricing you just quoted?

I guess I am having some kind of problem...I am looking at the excursions for my Sept Conquest cruise. The cost that I am looking at on Carnival pp for DRF and Exporer is $115. The excursion fro DRF and shopping(I don't want to shop) is $79 pp.

Where are you seeing the pricing you just quoted?

all of the costs i quoted, are posted above in the scans of the carnival excursions. and for what it's worth, my comments re: the cost of the zip lining, is based solely on the above posted scans. i think it may be cheaper if you book the sky explorer / drf - then add on the zip lining at mystic mountain - but i didn't do that, so i can't say exactly.

but drf and explorer @ 115 seems waaaay more than we paid, and i assume that to be an error... maybe DRF and zip lining for 115, but not dunns and the sky explorer only.

all of the costs i quoted, are posted above in the scans of the carnival excursions. and for what it's worth, my comments re: the cost of the zip lining, is based solely on the above posted scans. i think it may be cheaper if you book the sky explorer / drf - then add on the zip lining at mystic mountain - but i didn't do that, so i can't say exactly.

but drf and explorer @ 115 seems waaaay more than we paid, and i assume that to be an error... maybe DRF and zip lining for 115, but not dunns and the sky explorer only.

I think I see why the difference in price. My ship will be docking at Montego Bay, and it is supposed to take 1.5 to 2 hours just to get to DRF. Did you dock at Ocho Rios? I think that is it because the excursion time listed for DRF and Bobsled is somwhere between 6-7 hours.

• 2 weeks later...
I think I see why the difference in price. My ship will be docking at Montego Bay, and it is supposed to take 1.5 to 2 hours just to get to DRF. Did you dock at Ocho Rios? I think that is it because the excursion time listed for DRF and Bobsled is somwhere between 6-7 hours.

yeah that's it - we did dock in ocho rios. drf was minutes from the port. that explains the price differences, no doubt. i'd still highly recommend it, drf was great!

Archived