Upgrade Question

Croce

We are looking forward to our first cruise ever and it will be on Seabourn Odyssey. Many of our well traveled friends have told us stories about how they were upgraded to better accommodations on other cruise lines and I wondered if Seabourn had a policy on this. We booked V4 and I don't expect an upgrade but was wondering if next time (thinking we'll like the experience enough to cruise again) we should book a V1 and hope for something better. Seems to me they should favor their multiple cruise customers first if something was available. Any experiences? Just wondering. Thanks.

Croce

I think it depends on the ship and itinerary. On the smaller ships, I never care which suite I am in. As a single, I try for

run of the ship. first. Some prefer a balcony in warmer climates, for example.

That being said, on the Odyssey (and soon to be others) I do care, so would book what I want to be sure.

We are looking forward to our first cruise ever and it will be on Seabourn Odyssey. Many of our well traveled friends have told us stories about how they were upgraded to better accommodations on other cruise lines and I wondered if Seabourn had a policy on this. We booked V4 and I don't expect an upgrade but was wondering if next time (thinking we'll like the experience enough to cruise again) we should book a V1 and hope for something better. Seems to me they should favor their multiple cruise customers first if something was available. Any experiences? Just wondering. Thanks.

Croce

If you want an upgrade your best bet is to book, lets say, a V1 guarantee. As long as the v1's sell out, they will have to upgrade you to a higher level. Make sure that you are booking a popular voyage....

Host Dan

I prefer to select my stateroom location and think I'd book what I want rather than a guarantee in a lower category and hope for the best. You may end up in a higher stateroom category but the location of the cabin may not be to your liking. I think I may only spin the guarantee wheel on a very small ship on which the cabin differences are not all that great.

Have fun on the Odyssey! We're sailing her in July and can't wait!

Andrea

AndreaRH,

I know this is OT but I replied to your PM with my email address. Hope you got it. If not, let me know here and we'll find a way to connect. I leave for the maiden on June 16th. Thanks.

Archived