Venice taxi question

We are arriving at Marco Polo Airport, and plan on taking a regular taxi to the port, HAL if it matters. Where would the taxi drop us off? I presume it would be at the port at the embarkation facility, but is that correct?

we just did the reverse...booked a transfer shuttle from the port to the airport...it was a "shuttle" but was actually a cab...we paid 25 euros based on the fact that we may have had to share the cab..but it was just the 2 of us..prepaid with credit card..booked online...guy showed up at the appointed time with our name on a card....looks like it works the same in reverse.

there is a bus from the airport to the Piazalle Roma for 3 or so euros..then normally a shuttle to the ship from the piazalle

we just did the reverse...booked a transfer shuttle from the port to the airport...it was a "shuttle" but was actually a cab...we paid 25 euros based on the fact that we may have had to share the cab..but it was just the 2 of us..prepaid with credit card..booked online...guy showed up at the appointed time with our name on a card....looks like it works the same in reverse.

there is a bus from the airport to the Piazalle Roma for 3 or so euros..then normally a shuttle to the ship from the piazalle

Who did you book with? That is what we want to do for our return to the airport.

as I understand it..its agains cruise critic rules....but if you take the title of my first post...make it one word and put a com behind it...hmmmm

How did you know what time to have them pick you up, since it is hard to know when you are going to be off the ship?

that was a major problem...I gave them my flight time and they gave me a pickkup time to meet that of 925...I was then at the mercy of the ship for a departure time...they gave us the first group at 6 am...we were going to stay on the ship til after 8 but decided we may be able to get an earlier shuttle...thought it was a bus...it was a cab so we waited and waited..our problem was the noon was the latest flight that made our connection (barely) to MSP...if I was do do over we would stay over in Venice so as not to be rushed....

1. it was a shuttle not a taxi so in theory we could have shared the taxi that showed up with another couple..I presume if more people were booked for our time they would have sent a larger vehicel

2. you can book a transfer for up to 8 people at the same price as for 2...but you need to give them all the names up front..that is why we opted for the shuttle 25 euros for the 2 of us as opposed to 50 for a pre booked cab

1. it was a shuttle not a taxi so in theory we could have shared the taxi that showed up with another couple..I presume if more people were booked for our time they would have sent a larger vehicel

2. you can book a transfer for up to 8 people at the same price as for 2...but you need to give them all the names up front..that is why we opted for the shuttle 25 euros for the 2 of us as opposed to 50 for a pre booked cab

Captain, you are allowed to post a recommendation if you are asked for it!! Them's the rules!!

Cathy

there were a few cabs that showed up on spec...then costa showed up and they all left..I would book ahead to be sure....cab on its own was 50 or 55 euros..quote from the same company..but for up to 8 passengers..but I had to have the names of all passengers in advance ..could not book for 8 and show up with 2

Archived