Cruise on Superbowl Weekend 2010

I just I booked a cruise on the Independence of the Seas that sails on Feb 6, 2010 and just found out that the Super Bowl is Sunday Feb 7th.

Does anyone know if my dear hubby will be able to see the game on the ship?

If not I may be in big trouble.:D

Don't know about the game, but if you are flying in early, be sure to get your hotel NOW!! I booked a cruise leaving 2/7 and had a little trouble getting an affordable hotel for our pre-cruise nights.

Good luck and happy cruising

Karen

I sailed last year during the conference championships and they had seats and food set up in the Viking Lounge. There were so many people they added another tv in the adjoining room. It was a very rowdy crowd, with lots of jerseys. I don't think you'll have any trouble finding a spot to watch the game for the Superbowl.

I just I booked a cruise on the Independence of the Seas that sails on Feb 6, 2010 and just found out that the Super Bowl is Sunday Feb 7th.

Does anyone know if my dear hubby will be able to see the game on the ship?

If not I may be in big trouble.:D

ROFL...we were on the Liberty of the Seas this past Super Bowl weekend, and a few months prior (when DH realized it was that weekend) I posted the same question

The answer is yes. For the LOS they showed it in studio B, (which of course has not only the big screen but monitors all around) they also had put flooring down where the ice is and had a really nice/fun spread (burgers/hot dogs/wings/nachos etc) while he usually prefers to watch alone quietly so he can concentrate (can you tell he is SERIOUS about it..lol) he had a great time!

I have cruised the last two SuperBowl weekends and no problem---the game will be shown....in several venues on the ship.........along with food and special activities(depending on the ship)..........its a lot of fun!

Don't know about the game, but if you are flying in early, be sure to get your hotel NOW!! I booked a cruise leaving 2/7 and had a little trouble getting an affordable hotel for our pre-cruise nights.

Good luck and happy cruising

Karen

We are flying in on the day the ship sails 2/6 so we won't need a room thank goodness.

ROFL...we were on the Liberty of the Seas this past Super Bowl weekend, and a few months prior (when DH realized it was that weekend) I posted the same question

The answer is yes. For the LOS they showed it in studio B, (which of course has not only the big screen but monitors all around) they also had put flooring down where the ice is and had a really nice/fun spread (burgers/hot dogs/wings/nachos etc) while he usually prefers to watch alone quietly so he can concentrate (can you tell he is SERIOUS about it..lol) he had a great time!

I sure hope I can convince him that he will be able to see the game and have fun at the same time. I told him our son could record it and he could watch it when he got home and if he heard someone talking about it he could just go LA LA LA and put his fingers in is ears he didn't think that was too funny.

Then he says it will probably be the year the Cowboy's (Big Cowboy's Fan) would be in the Super Bowl. Knowing my luck it will be with the Cowboy's and the Texan's. Which is such a long shot. LOL

If you do go,you still might record it at home.......that is,if you like the commercials cuz on the ship,you wont see those......

True -- but if you get the ESPN Latin America feed (which my Boston-based BFF and I watched on a three-day when the Patriots were playing the Panthers), you get to hear the announcers explain American football, in English, to Global footballers. It was hysterical -- and edumacational, too. Did you know that they assign jersey numbers based on what kind of position you play? Fascinating. :p

We were on Majesty, and they had a great setup in the main theater -- a buffet of appetizers, full screen, and a houseload of Patriot and Panther fans. It was a blast (and I root for the Cubs, so I didn't care who won!).

The family and I sailed onFreedon of the Seas for Superbowl 43. RCI covered the ice in Studio B, set up a BIG screen on the stage area. There was a cruise staff memeber "hosting" the event (he was an AZ fan). They really did a great job providing hot dogs and other munchies. Of course the bar staff was well represented. They did raffles for on-board things during half time. There were tow sets (of 2) overstuffed chairs on the ice decking that were raffled off as "the best seats in the house" My DS won one set for the second half. After the first quarter it seemed most of the AZ fans were in the sports bar where the game is on as well.

Since the Super Bowl is in Miami this year you should get your airline tickets now - I think they will continue to go up in price. We are flying out of Atlanta and the price was reasonable on Delta. Be sure to join the Meet and Mingle for the Independence on Feb 6.

Does AOS have a big screen by the pool? We watched the superbowl last year on Carnival on their big outdoor screen. It was fantastic. I love that big TV. And watching it in the open with lots of cruisers made it a fun night.

Does AOS have a big screen by the pool? We watched the superbowl last year on Carnival on their big outdoor screen. It was fantastic. I love that big TV. And watching it in the open with lots of cruisers made it a fun night.

Nope..........none of the RCCL ships have one as of now.........

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. It won't stop us from cruising AOS in Feb because it is a fantastic ship. However, RCCI should upgrade to one. Carnival used that screen all day long for movies, trivia contests, videos of passangers having fun, and more. The superbowl was definitely the highlight.

Are you listening RCCI? Thanks, Kaboochi

LOL, I was on that cruise and I too went to studio B to watch the game. What a joke!!!! Not the game. TV's were fine. It was that spread of food they put out. Like Zoey said, burgers, dogs, wings. Now the food wasn't bad but the logistic's of serving it were all screwed up.The burgers & dogs came out but no condiments. then out came the condiments but the burgers and dogs were gone. Then, more burgers and dogs came out but now, all the buns were gone. I didn't even see nachos. It was pretty funny. Still had a good time though. I hope they do it better on Freedom this year.

ps. I"ll try to leave the ship in good shape for you, (but don't count on it):D

Archived