does have a future cruise credit program?

beyoung

we are sailing next month on the noordam and if we like it we are thinking of taking the 17 day cruise the following summer on the same ship. Can anyone tell me if HAL has a program like many lines that allows you to purchase future cruise deposits that give you an on board credit and pay a reduced deposit while I wait for a sale?

we are sailing next month on the noordam and if we like it we are thinking of taking the 17 day cruise the following summer on the same ship. Can anyone tell me if HAL has a program like many lines that allows you to purchase future cruise deposits that give you an on board credit and pay a reduced deposit while I wait for a sale?
Yes they do. Your deposit will be just $100 pp, and it can be for a specific cruise or a TBD. The OBC will depend on the length of cruise and class of cabin booked, so that will not be set at the time of deposit for a TBD cruise. You have up to 4 years to use it or you lose it ... no refunds. However, if you put a deposit on a specific cruise and change your mind, it can be transferred to a different cruise.

Look in your Daily Program for the Future Cruise Consultant hours.

We just bought a Future Cruise Deposit. The paperwork reads for a voyage of 12+ days it is $50pp inside or outside; $75pp verandah and $100pp for a suite category. Two years ago we booked a deluxe suite for 16 days and did receive the $100pp.

Also, at the time of booking there are no additional deposits required.

When we were aboard Eurodam last April we booked a 10 day cruise on the Zuiderdam for Jan 2010 on a verandah stateroom. We were given $70 pp. A regular inside and outside $50 pp and a suite $100 pp. Over 12 days everything doubled. Good luck and happy cruising.

Another way to get on board credits for each cruise is to purchase 100 shares of Carnival stock.

On our last cruise we had $950.00 worth of on board credits.

The Carnival stock has paid for itself with on board credits

Ruth & Jim

When we were aboard Eurodam last April we booked a 10 day cruise on the Zuiderdam for Jan 2010 on a verandah stateroom. We were given $70 pp. A regular inside and outside $50 pp and a suite $100 pp. Over 12 days everything doubled. Good luck and happy cruising.
Wow! In Sep 07 we got $50 pp for a 14 day outside deposit.

and yes I do know I can have this all answered on the ship next month but I am too busy plotting away and want to have my husband all talked into it before hand lol

If there are three of us in the family does that mean I purchase three one hundred dollar credits and each of us gets an on board credit at sailing or do you only purchase for the first and second person (credits usually go for them only) if so how does the third person deposit work?

Yes -- it is a great deal!!

We have a couple of deposits for cruises which we haven't decided on yet.

Love that the fact that the ship board credit can be combined with any other shipboard credit that you may get from your TA, owning stock, etc.

So if I purchase three FCC's while on board for 100 each, and we book three people in a SC suite for the 17 day cruise the deposit is only 100 for each of us and all three of us get a 100 on board credit not just the first and second passanger? that would be great!

scratched ...
??? Not sure what that means,
Deleted or Canceled. It means he posted something, but changed his mind and "scratched" it, like a horse scratched (removed) from a race. :):) Once something has been posted it can only be removed completely by a Host.

So if I purchase three FCC's while on board for 100 each, and we book three people in a SC suite for the 17 day cruise the deposit is only 100 for each of us and all three of us get a 100 on board credit not just the first and second passanger? that would be great!

The confirmation letter we received last December indicated that the offer (I surmise that means the reduced $100/person depost and whatever OBC) is applicable only to the first 2 passengers in a cabin. Also, the future deposit may not be applied to Grand World Voyages or segments thereof.

I kinda recall comments some weeks ago that HAL was offering increased or double OBC for future definite (as opposed to a to-be-determined) cruises booked onboard ... but doing so on select ships and/or sailings only. So, I believe the amounts you mention were an anomaly (spelling?) rather than the norm.

well that would certainly work for me- I will book it that day for double, I already know when I want to go and what cabin.

Keep in mind that HAL was offering double to passengers on select ships or sailings who booked while onboard. The offer of double OBC did not apply fleetwide. Maybe it was a pilot program or something dreamed up by the marketing gurus.

Another way to get on board credits for each cruise is to purchase 100 shares of Carnival stock.

On our last cruise we had $950.00 worth of on board credits.

The Carnival stock has paid for itself with on board credits

So, if I buy the stock, is there anything else I need to do to get the credits? How does it work -- do you have a special code or something that you mention when booking? Do "they" notify you of how much the credits will be? Please elaborate.

Thx Mary Ellen -- I tried to find this on the Carnival website but couldn't. This webpage states the obc is available for sailings thru July 2010 -- does it usually get renewed (yearly or ??)? Has it been going on for a long time (i.e., so it is likely to continue in the future)?

Archived