military discount?

JoshPSU

For the most part, both NCL and Carnival have military discounts on just about every cruise. Any veteran of any branch of the service, as well as any servicemen or women on active duty, can get this discount. Some cruises might have just a few cabins set aside for the discount and if you don't book early enough you might not get them. Other cruises they might let you book lst minute to fill a ship with the military discount. You just never know.

My travel agent emailed us a form from the NCL military desk which you email or fax back directly to NCL. We got $300 off on the cruise which I thought was pretty good. I tried to upload the form but CC said the file was too big.

If you look under the "preferred programs" there's a link to the military discounts. You can print the form from the site and fax it (the numbers provided), at least that's what we did. There is also a link to some of the cruises and displays how much of a discount is available, some of the discounts were pretty substantial.

Are there military rates on all sailings? Or just a few, like Royal Caribbean. What about senior and residency discounts?

Others have answered about military rates. I know that NCL does offer senior & residency discounts---although the residency discounts are much less frequent. They also offer discounts to union members

Many of the discounts are combinable-although I believe the union & military cannot be combined together (although they can be combined with the other discounts)

From the NCL website

Military info link...

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=VeteransAdvantage

NCL really appreciates all that you do for our great nation. So to show how much we truly appreciate your service, we are proud to offer members of the military and their families excusive discounts on all cruises up to 15% off when you book in advance. So whether you're a Veteran or one of our country's Active Duty Military, National Guard or Reserve members, get ready to save when you cruise with NCL.

In a continued effort to show our appreciation for our country's armed forces, NCL has partnered with Veterans Advantage. Veterans Advantage is the leading nationwide membership card program whose mission is the partner with corporations that wish to honor and thank America's military veterans and their family members.

Offer Details

• 5% discount off most published fares*.
  • Special offers on select sailings with savings up to 30%.* This discount is combinable with most other discounts.

Who Qualifies

1. Veterans Advantage Members with Veterans Advantage ID
  2. Active personnel serving with:
    • Department of the Army - WHITE ID
    • Department of the Navy - WHITE ID
    • Department of the Air Force - WHITE ID
    • U.S. Coast Guard - WHITE ID
    • U.S. Marine Corps - WHITE ID
    • National Guard Bureau - WHITE ID
    • Reserves - WHITE ID
    • Canadian National Defense - WHITE N.D.21 ID

[*]Retired personnel

• U.S. - BLUE or TAN ID
  • Canadian National Defense - WHITE N.D.21 ID

[*]Veterans - Proof of Military Service

[*]Honorably Discharged

• BLUE
  • DD214 Form

How to Qualify

1. Choose from the list of special sailings (PDF) or shop fleet-wide on our website to find your desired sailing.
  2. Book your NCL Cruise using Program Code "PGMIL".
  3. Fill out the Military Appreciation Program Form (PDF) with specific sailing information.
  4. Fax the form to 305-436-4127 or email the form to militarydesk@ncl.com

You must bring your Veterans Advantage or Military ID card to the port in order to receive these great rates.

Union discount info...

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=UnionPlus

Offer Details

Union Plus and Norwegian Cruise Line are pleased to offer exclusive money-saving benefits for union members. Come aboard and discover the freedom and flexibility of NCL's Freestyle Cruising® and enjoy special discounts exclusively for union members.

• 5% discount off most published fares*.
  • Special offers on select sailings with savings up to 30%.
    * This discount is combinable with most other discounts

Click here to find information on all of our ships.

For more information call

1-866-867-0593

or contact your local travel professional and remind them you are

eligible for the union member discounts.

*Union Program is available to active or retired Union members in the same stateroom ONLY.

*Rates include NCF. Gov't Fees & Taxes are additional.

*Union Members discount is only applicable to cruise fare (excludes Non-Commissionable Fare portion).

Discount is for Union Members and their families booked in the same stateroom; this fleet-wide promotion available throughout the year. Discount applies to a first and second guest in a stateroom. Single guest paying 200% of the rate is eligible. Proof of Union Membership needs to be provided at time of booking and at the pier on embarkation day. Offer applies to new individual bookings. Guests, who cancel and rebook, must accept this promotion's Terms and Conditions. Government taxes and fees are additional. On-board services charges are additional and will be automatically added to your on-board account. Standard air add-ons are available. IMPORTANT NOTICE: Effective immediately, NCL is suspending the company's fuel supplement for all voyages departing in 2009. The Company reserves the right to re-instate the fuel supplement for all guests should the price of light sweet crude oil according to the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index) increase above $65 per barrel Ask your travel agent or go to www.ncl.com for further information. Offers are based on availability, are capacity controlled, and combinability with other offers is subject to change or cancellation at any time per NCL discretion. Other restrictions may apply. ©2009 NCL Corporation, Ltd., Ships' Registry: Bahamas.

Anyone know if you have to book through ncl.com to get the military discount?

Your question has been answered, but I was going to tell you there are great military discount websites out there as well. We used one and I'm waiting to hear back from 2 recommended TA's with their quotes to see if it beats it. Someone further up mentioned about a $300 discount & the website we used pretty much offered that. I found various websites & there was no rhyme or reason to my choosing one. I just basically started searching for military discounts for everything.

Don't forget to get your discount for a LOT of things related to the cruise such as your hotel or flights prior to embarkation! I swear, my husband & I have started asking everywhere that has other discounts advertised or on a sign.. we ask if they have a military discount & would you believe some of the big chain stores say "yes, but we're not allowed to tell you we have one until you ask"... !?

Anyway, happy searching! Good luck.... In my opinion, Norwegian had some substantial discounts advertised! =)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all of the answers.

I had already booked through Travelocity. I filled out the fax-form on the ncl site and sent it in just in case, and without any response they refunded 5% of the cruise price onto my credit card directly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived