Half Moon Cay

A 'provided' BBQ lunch will be set up at Half Moon Cay that offers burgers, hot dogs and chicken along with salads and fixins plus iced tea, coffee, tea and water. Plus there are cookies and fresh fruit for dessert. So enjoy the BBQ. They will have 'bars' set up in different areas and there will be a charge for the bar drinks. You are in for a treat since Half Moon Cay is one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean and most people who have been there oftimes wish the ship could stay there for several days! HAL provides comfy lounges and hammocks on the gorgeous beach plus there are various 'excursions' that you can take part in...like horseback riding; swimming with dolphins etc (these cost extra). You can 'rent' a cabana or 'clamshell' for use there if you wish. There are also kayaks, giant paddle cycles etc that you can rent while there.

Anyway...enjoy this beautiflul place!

We loved HMC...my son particularly enjoyed the ribs, but it was all beachy & great. We decided HMC was our favorite stop of the entire cruise! As the sign said, "I could stay here forever!"

Beware, if you send a postcard from HMC, it could take a month or more! You might want to send one to yourselves so you can relive the moment months later when it arrives! And the Bahamas stamps are pretty cool, as well.

Bon voyage!

Is the food free on Half Moon Cay??

Yes and No.

If you want burgers, hot dogs, cole slaw, baked beans, etc. - then Yes, that's at no additional cost.

If you want Fresh Fruit Skewers, Filet Mignon, Barbecued Shrimp, Lobster Sandwiches, Chocolate Cake, Champagne, etc. - Then you'll need to book a Cabana w/ Butler Service with an additional fee.

A 'provided' BBQ lunch will be set up at Half Moon Cay that offers burgers, hot dogs and chicken along with salads and fixins plus iced tea, coffee, tea and water.

I could never find coffee on HMC. Do they now provide it?

Thank you very much for all the great info... I can NOT wait to go!!!!! I am even more excited now!!!

A little slice of heaven. we rented a Cabana and with it they provided soda/water, chips and salsa, a vege tray with dip and fresh fruit.

Enjoy. :)

IMG_0466.jpg

Half Moon Cay is amazing! I would have loved to spend the entire week there... Enjoy the BBQ, the beach, the bars, the view, etc...

I wonder if HAL has ever considered a cruise with several days at HMC.

I would certainly consider a cruise from Ft Lauderdale which went to HMC, anchored in the bay and tendered ashore every day.

The only downside would be the other HAL/Carnival ships visiting. I really wish they would keep HMC just for HAL as they did in the old days. Also, they had a policy of not more than one ship at a time, and they were S and R class ships. Oh how wonderful HMC was in those days.

The picture is lovely. My husband would fry like a piece of bacon, however, if he were to just look at that picture. Are there some nice shady areas to relax in as well?

The picture is lovely. My husband would fry like a piece of bacon, however, if he were to just look at that picture. Are there some nice shady areas to relax in as well?

Yes, further down the beach there are some trees (and less people).

If you want shade, rent a clamshell and put something under the back of it to lift it off the ground since it can get very hot under it. You can order the clamshell through HAL online. I always use one. HMC is fabulous.:D

Here's my photos of HMC that I posted on Webshots. I walked through the BBQ area and took some pictures so they are in the album also. Have a fun time. HMC is a beautiful place.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570048717ERbxaa

We have rented one for our cruise this December. This is the best group of photos I have seen. Thanks so much! Pierce

HMC is always a high point of any HAL Caribbean Cruise.

We have always found shade trees facing the ocean and beach just over the hill from the shuttle docks. This area is also closer to the rock reef on the left side of beach when looking toward the ocean. Out at the point of this reef I have always found an enjoyable snorkeling adventure with plenty of fish.

At this end of the beach closer to shore there feeding pots in the ocean which attract fish also. Snorkel gear is available for rent. If you like to snorkel HMC is a great place.

Archived