afternoon tea

sparkyrmc

[quote name='Yankee Couple'][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Is beer an acceptable alternative at lunch?[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Ok, Martinis’ then...[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Actually, as a proper “rebel”, what if I don’t like tea at all?[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Would I be allowed in the Queen’s room? :eek:[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Yes!;)

[quote name='Yankee Couple'][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Is beer an acceptable alternative at lunch?
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Ok, Martinis’ then...[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Actually, as a proper “rebel”, what if I don’t like tea at all?
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Would I be allowed in the Queen’s room? :eek:[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I've never gone in without a glass of wine in hand, especially if it is a Tea Dance.

Jeanne

I have to agree with some, QM2 has an idea of what afternoon tea all about, they dont quite get it right, but it is very good.

Im sure every from the UK and Euorpe will know just what a real afternoon tea is:)

The very best afternoon is for me, the Ritz, as for a cream teas, nothing can beat cornish cream teas.

Please dont drink beer with it though, save that for later

[quote name='rob6852']
The very best afternoon is for me, the Ritz, as for a cream teas, nothing can beat cornish cream teas.

Please dont drink beer with it though, save that for later[/quote]

Except perhaps Devon ones ..::) or even Somerset ones :D

[quote name='rob6852']I have to agree with some, QM2 has an idea of what afternoon tea all about, they dont quite get it right, but it is very good.

Im sure every from the UK and Euorpe will know just what a real afternoon tea is:)

Please dont drink beer with it though, save that for later[/quote]
What exactly is a cream tea?

The very best afternoon is for me, the Ritz, as for a cream teas, nothing can beat cornish cream teas

Speaking with one of the chefs from there recently, they serve between 400-500 afternoon teas per day. I remember going there years ago when they only had two sittings 3pm and 4.30pm and it wasnt so touristy back then.

Once during a stay at Gleneagles l had the misfortune to have one of their afternoon teas, it was a most distressing affair and made worse when l had to pour my own tea, the shock was too much and a Dr was called, l did get over it and made a full recovery.

Speaking with one of the chefs from there recently, they serve between 400-500 afternoon teas per day. I remember going there years ago when they only had two sittings 3pm and 4.30pm and it wasnt so touristy back then.

Once during a stay at Gleneagles l had the misfortune to have one of their afternoon teas, it was a most distressing affair and made worse when l had to pour my own tea, the shock was too much and a Dr was called, l did get over it and made a full recovery.

Now are you sure you made a full recovery, pouring ones own tea is not for faint hearted

Except perhaps Devon ones ..::) or even Somerset ones :D

Devon is good , I agree, somerset is good, not so far to go, we do them in the garden on a sunday, BUT we do use cornish clotted cream mmmmmmmmm, now its almost 6pm and too late

You to be in England to know what one is, scones and cotted cream so thick your spoon will stand up in it

cream-tea-20080305194815.jpg

That looks lovely, Rob. We actually were able to get real cottled cream when we were on the QM2. We were with a lovely lady who asked for the real stuff and within a very few minutes came back with it. Yes, it is much thicker than what they gave us in the beginning and tastier. Where was the above picture taken?

You to be in England to know what one is, scones and cotted cream so thick your spoon will stand up in it

cream-tea-20080305194815.jpg

That looks lovely, Rob. We actually were able to get real cottled cream when we were on the QM2. We were with a lovely lady who asked for the real stuff and within a very few minutes came back with it. Yes, it is much thicker than what they gave us in the beginning and tastier. Where was the above picture taken?

Cornwall, the best cream teas are from there, pleased you liked it,

Yes maybe we should all ask for clotted cream , they may change it, but the tea on qm2 is really very pleasent

Cornwall, the best cream teas are from there, pleased you liked it,

Yes maybe we should all ask for clotted cream , they may change it, but the tea on qm2 is really very pleasent

Well, remember Rob, mostly I only drink instant tea. You remember that don't you? I don't believe you like it if I remember correctly, am I correct?:)

Well, remember Rob, mostly I only drink instant tea. You remember that don't you? I don't believe you like it if I remember correctly, am I correct?:)

To be really honest, I dont like tea very much at all, so you are correct in that part, I do enjoy tea with high tea, afternoon tea and cream teas, otherwise coffee please, black no sugar lol.

As for instant tea, boiling water and tea is instant anyway, almost lol

Now are you sure you made a full recovery, pouring ones own tea is not for faint hearted

Yes lm quite sure l have made a full recovery, However it was not aided by the fact one of the selection of sandwiches was meat paste, l wasnt quite sure if l should laugh or cry, and they were a bit hard round the edges..

Not that l wish to hark back to a bygone era, But on QE2 l used to loved their afternoon teas and looked forward to the waiters and what selections they offered.

But lm perfectly happy to settle down with a pot of tea and a sponge finger;)

Or Tea and Tiffin..:D

Rob - if you get the chance go to Periwinkle Cottage in Selworthy for the best cream tea - with proper china and chintz tea cosies!!

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sharonp40/Misc#

Now, you see, I dont like to BOAST too much about somerset, so I quoted Cornwall, NOW we have been here a few times and it is the very very very best place in the WORLD for a cream tea, this tiny village is beautiful, the tea ia wonderful, the cream and jam amazing, we may vist in a week or 2

Fot the info of anyone wishing to go, it open during the winter as well, at least at weekends,

Yes lm quite sure l have made a full recovery, However it was not aided by the fact one of the selection of sandwiches was meat paste, l wasnt quite sure if l should laugh or cry, and they were a bit hard round the edges..

Not that l wish to hark back to a bygone era, But on QE2 l used to loved their afternoon teas and looked forward to the waiters and what selections they offered.

But lm perfectly happy to settle down with a pot of tea and a sponge finger;)

Or Tea and Tiffin..:D

Dare I ask, what the selection from the waiters was, and the type of sponge finger???

Archived