oceana

jayne1961

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jane & Wally

This will be the first cruise for my wife and I on the 30th Oct, really looking forward to it :) so any tips would be appreciated ;) we are travelling down on the bus from East Midlands Airport.----- Mick & Theresa

Hi we are on this cruise as well. It will be our 5th time on Oceana and we did the same cruise last year on her and it fantastic, totally chilled out before we reached carribbean. We will be setting off from Manchester as well and looking at location for Bridmo we are only up the road from you in Driffield, small world or what!!!!!!!

It will be the first time we have cruised without the children (they are not very happy since they have cruised since been little but they are going to a good home for a fortnight ;))

Lou

Hi Lou

thats great news, we'll see you on the coach, we've booked into the Hilton the night before so just waiting to find out time of coaches, I know theres 2 and we'll probably opt for the first one.

See you there....:):):)

Think you will find there are more than two coaches as there are normally two flights from Manchester. We did the reverse trip in March and there were six coaches at Southampton for Birmingham, and that was only one plane.

Brian

hi bridmo,

If you have any questions re the cruise or oceana let me know and I will try and answer them we have done 8 cruises with P&O over the years 5 on oceana as well as once on OV1 and it will be our 5th time to caribbean. There were around 6 coaches last year from Manchester down to southampton but it was painless. We cant wait as not having to pay for two cabins this year we have gone for a mini suite oh roll on caribbean you will love it.

Lou

Hi

Thanks for that, I was just going by the info on our paperwork but as I have read it again states 2 transfer times ? Anyway, so excited have been to the Carribean before but not on a cruise. Can you only settle your bill with a credit card or can you pay in cash at the end of the cruise ? Our friends were told they could pay their bill in cash but I think that must be a different liner?

Happy cruising :)

The two departure times will be to stagger arrivals at Southampton although it is very likely there will be multiple coaches at each departure time.

The normal procedure is to register a credit card when you board and then your on board spend is automatically charged to your card at the end of your cruise. If you want to reduce the amount going on your card you can pay off in cash at anytime.

If you want to pay totally in cash, I understand you have to make a cash deposit when you board and then top up if necessary or your cruise card gets invalidated. If you want to do this check with P&O beforehand that you can. Dont just take my word for it as I have never done it this way but heard from people who have but it does say on their website that they do not accept cash.

http://www.pocruises.com/Help/money.axd

Brian

Hi Bridmo,

We have just come back from a cruise on Oceana. If you want to pay cash just go to reception and tell them you want to pay some cash towards your on board account, we did this twice while on board and came back with a credit card bill of just £14.

hi everyone im so glad to hear from somebody at last we are so excited about this holiday as we have never been to the caribbean before and we have so many sea days how relaxing will that be we cant wait we have not been on the oceana before but we have heard so many good reports.

• 1 month later...

thankyou have any of you been to the carribean before i was thinking is it better to do trips with the ship or sort it out yourself as my friend told me to do a trip in st lucia that he did so iv booked it as its a fantastic day out and a good price.:)

Hi Jayne1961

We've been to St Lucia before, it's a beautiful island, we did the drive-in volcano, whale watching and the rain forest and the only one I wouldn't do again is the rainforest, it was such hard work and very humid. I think we're going to a nice beach for the day?:)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Jayne1961

We've been to St Lucia before, it's a beautiful island, we did the drive-in volcano, whale watching and the rain forest and the only one I wouldn't do again is the rainforest, it was such hard work and very humid. I think we're going to a nice beach for the day?:)

In St Lucia don't do Tea on the Morn. It is exclusive but really over-rated. Our driver took sympathy and gave us an impromtue tour afterwards.

Rain forest are supposed to be hot and humid :D

However do NOT consider the rain forest tour in St Juan unless you use a wheelchair. The walk lasted all of 10 minutes and was along a tarmac path.

The rain forest in St Kitts OTOH was also hard work but not too humid in November. The guide wore gum boots; many from the ship wore flip flops or strappy sandals - Be Warned.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The times came from p and o via the people i booked with, i needed to know what time to get to gatwick,

If any one else have to times from gatwick please would you let me know.

thanks

carol

------------

Archived