Itinerary difference between brochure and website

dougt1957

I've noticed a few differences between the brochure I received and the website for the May 24th 2010 Insignia, Sun-Splashed Riveria itinerary. I booked this cruise so I would like to know which one is correct. According to the brochure the time in Rome is 7:00am to 8:00pm, versus 8:00am to 4:00pm on the website. That's a five hour difference which is huge considering it's 1 and 1/2 hours to the city from the port. The brochure also shows three more hours in Livorno, four more in Sorrento, two more hours in Cannes, one hour more in Taormina, and a differerence of five hours less in Corfu. Anyone have an idea which one is correct? I know they changed the departure to Marseille from Monte Carlo. It would be nice to know as I plan what I will do in each port.

The brochures are printed way in advance...

As time goes on, they often make adjustments to the itinerary...

My cruise, for example, they originally had us stopping two nights in Haifa. It wasn't the best of situations since the drive to Jerusalem--which is what most people want to visit with at least one of those days--is pretty long...So, they kept on working on the itinerary and managed to switch one of those days to Ashdod--much more convenient...Also, they were able to refine the hours in some ports from the early estimates...

As they made these changes, they changed it on the website...but, they can't just recall all of those printed brochures and print new ones...

Always rely on the website over the brochure...and look to Oceania's own website only...Many Travel Agencies left the original itinerary up on theirs...

and be aware that once on board the times and itineraries may change again.

For example we had two full days scheduled in Shanghai on our china cruise. Once on board we found out we were leaving at 1:30 on the second day. The port authorities decided that is when they wanted us to sail! We had two full day tours booked with a private tour group. We had to cancel one day and rearrange the other. We had to call Beijing from the ship and deal with it. Luckily it all worked out and we got a refund for the second day.

We also had several port times changed by an hour or so.

Always check the paperwork when you get on board to confirm times, etc. If you have booked private tours the concierge was good in trying to help contact the tours.

Archived