Credit card expired - personalizer not available...help?

So. My credit card will no longer be valid on 6/18. My cruise ends 6/20. My new card came today - same credit card number - different expiration date.

I went into the personalizer to update it, but it says the personalizer isn't available because I'm within 5 days of my cruise.

There is a blurb about not providing accurate information 14 days prior could mean denied boarding!

Is just a different expiration date enough to get myself worked up about? Do I call my TA and see if she'll handle it? Or should I call Princess? Or leave it alone until I board and change it then?

Dang there's always something!

Thanks!

No problem with updating your card at check-in. We just got off Crown a little over a week ago. Because we were going to the Med we took a Capitol One credit card with us as it has no foreign use fee. I left all my other cards at home for safety reason. I never thought about the fact I had registered my AAdvantage Mastercard as the card I would be using.

Upon check-in they give you a credit card authorization form to sign even if you have pre registered a card so I just filled it out with the correct information. When I got to the head of the line the person asked me if I meant to change credit cards and I told him the story. He said no problem and indeed it wasn't.

Jerry

No problem with updating your card at check-in. We just got off Crown a little over a week ago. Because we were going to the Med we took a Capitol One credit card with us as it has no foreign use fee. I left all my other cards at home for safety reason. I never thought about the fact I had registered my AAdvantage Mastercard as the card I would be using.

Upon check-in they give you a credit card authorization form to sign even if you have pre registered a card so I just filled it out with the correct information. When I got to the head of the line the person asked me if I meant to change credit cards and I told him the story. He said no problem and indeed it wasn't.

Jerry

WHEW! That makes me feel SO much better! I really panicked there for a minute!!! Thanks so much for letting me know - I appreciate the help!

Tulips: I'm so much like you......I will stress myself out over the "details" and, then I remember......[EVERYTHING can be worked-out!]

You should have seen what happened to us a few years ago, before we boarded the Diamond to the Mexican Riviera......To make a very long and stressful story short.....we had the passport fed-ex'd to my office one day before we sailed [the ink was still wet]....it cost me a fortune...I was a wreck and, was sure they were going to deny my DH entrance onto the ship. So much drama.......

I now realize that everything should be done in lots of time before a cruise or going abroad....make a list, check it twice, etc., etc.

Have a wonderful cruise.....

Will B NO problem. I always book with one C.C online and give another when we fill out the check in forms. Heck I even booked with a C.C once then changed it to cold hard cash when I checked in. I just told them I will NOT use my C.C and gve them roughy 500.00 in cash to start.

You will be fine.

ENJOY YOUR TRIP!

We went with RCCI last year only to find when we checked in that our credit card company had found a suspect transaction and cancelled the card! The ship was happy to accept a different card and it shows that it is a good idea to have at least two cards with you.

We had the same thing happen in March. Our CC company cancelled our card and reissued a new one due to a "security breach", whatever that means. I totally forgot that I had given Princess our old card number.

When we checked in, they reminded us that they needed a new CC, so we just gave them the new card. It's really very easy and painless. Don't worry.

Archived