No more paper documents

About time.

Airlines had gone with only edocs for a while now. For my first 3 cruises, I did NOT receive any printed docs, they were lost, damaged, etc. I didn't miss them. For the 4th cruise (last year), I did receive them. I didn't bring them. No use. No need.

If Carnival can save money, and save trees, it's long overdue that they got rid of printed documents.

I chose e-docs and that was a huge issue. I almost lost my cruise. I had cruised with Carnival about three years ago and for some reason my e-mail address did not cross over. So I did not get notification that my air fare and travel insurance had not been processed on my credit card. I just happened to stumble on a message left on my home voicemail that my booking was not fully paid and after midnight they were cancelling my reservation.

It took three transfers and much talking to get it all straightened out. That would have been a sad day to get to the airport and find I had no cruise!!

It was all really strange since all my confirmations for both flight and cruise came across my email.

But it all worked out and I am off to the Western Caribbean on July 13th on the Glory!!

Not sure why it's "environmentally friendly," Carnival uses paper to print their e-docs, and we use paper at home to print our e-docs, so they cancel each other out. And most people don't print double-sided on their printers, thus using even more paper.

I agree it's convenient, but like most things, it's driven by a need for cost savings on carnival's part, shifting the expense of paper and ink on to the customers, eliminating the postage costs, labor costs to prep and ship them, etc.

As long as they let you on the ship, ultimately that's all that really matters, though!

I never print any of them anyway. One page for the fun pass and that is it for me.

Archived